Loosing SMB/CIFS Daily!

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Tricky
Great Britain

Loosing SMB/CIFS Daily!

Post by Tricky »

So why is my F5-221 running 4.2.15 suddenly losing SMB/CIFS on a daily basis was fine for the first few weeks, then this problem?
TMAY

Re: Loosing SMB/CIFS Daily!

Post by TMAY »

Hello,
Please go to Control Panel 》Network Services》File Service to check whether the SMB/CIFS service is enabled
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Does your device reboot every day? Did you mean your SMB stop service after every reboot?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

No I mean that the SMB/CIFS service turns itself off daily despite having to re-start and re-enable because I loose the device for the network,

I have another F5-221 running the same update with the same settings on the same network that does not do the same.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hi,
Please try to reinstall the system to see if it can be resolved
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMAY wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 20:06 Hi,
Please try to reinstall the system to see if it can be resolved
Think I will wait for the next update rather than reinstall just can't be sure that won't bring on even more problems, that's the trouble with TM flaky software it makes you scared of what's going to happen next.

It's not like it happened as soon as I installed the update, it took several weeks to manifest....not confidence inspiring. :shock:
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

collect system report when it happens again next time, send us the report, it could help to find out what happened to your device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)