F2-210 Internet Status

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
sianderson
Great Britain

F2-210 Internet Status

Post by sianderson »

Hi All,

i am wondering if other people are also having this issue that my F2-210 keeps on telling me that the internet is Disconnected

the Nas drive is functioning perfectly with regards to local access and backup to USB, however online backups e.g. onedrive will no longer work
i know i can reboot the NAS and it will come back up as being connected

is there anything that i can do to just make it believe its connected to the internet without a reboot?

im running 4.1.30 but did spot its behaviour in previous versions
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-210 Internet Status

Post by TMroy »

hi, how do you know the internet is disconnected? May I have a screenshot of the system info on the TOS desktop?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

this is what it shows on the dashboard
Attachments
TM.PNG
TM.PNG (17.03 KiB) Viewed 4537 times
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please go to TOS > Control panel > network service > network > network interface > Edit, set a correct static IP address, dns and gateway.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

After you setting it, you can post your screenshot here, so that someone can tell you if there is any possible mistake in your settings.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Hi it was set on DHCP like all other devices on my network which work fine

just as i clicked on Control Panel, TOS went not responding from any device so ended up having to unplug the power cable and plug it back in
even my mobile would not load the admin page

so now booted back up again, its reporting as having internet connected and all looks good, i have set it as a static IP to i guess i shall just have to wait and see if it happens again, (only had it since the end of july so its pretty much out of the box configuration)
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

How often do such failures occur? Will such a failure occur during use, or will such a failure occur every time the device is restarted?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

This is the first time the NAS froze up like that

Only had it a couple weeks, with the internet disconnected it was only the second time I noticed it

If I had to guess at this I would suspect that it was online perhaps it couldn’t ping or however it detects internet connection so is quite right to display disconnected but then didn’t detect the fact it came back so got stuck saying disconnected until the nas was rebooted

Next time (if there is one I will try just unplugging the network cable and plugging it back in to see if that kicks the status back in)
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If this happens again, please ping tnas ip to see if there is any feedback.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
cerra12

Post by cerra12 »

I'm now having the same issue.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-11-09 140609.png
F2-210