Trouble Mounting F4-220 Volume on Ubuntu Linux

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
macmpi

Re: Trouble Mounting F4-220 Volume on Ubuntu Linux

Post by macmpi »

digipics wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 10:36 Both. It always happens when I reboot - have tried putting the shell script in init.d but eventually the shell script gets removed.
Let's try to keep/consolidate similar issues in original reports on NFS service startup issues, so that things can be discussed & tracked by all interested parties.
Thanks
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Trouble Mounting F4-220 Volume on Ubuntu Linux

Post by TMroy »

digipics wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 23:54 @TMroy -- I can mount just fine. The problem is that my attempts to *keep* it mounted are failing.

I have tried adding the mount command to /var/nas/everydayexec - but after a few days, that file gets overridden and my mount command is lost. Thus on a reboot, and sometimes even without a reboot, the mount is unmounted.

So I tried creating a cron entry directly for the mount. Again, the crontab gets overridden after a couple days and reverts back to a default cron.
As your mount command is not our system default command, every time the TNAS restart, it will get overridden. If you want to keep your cron work, move it to /etc/crontab
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)