F2-210 constantly loosing LAN connection and is not responding

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
sfelzmann

F2-210 constantly loosing LAN connection and is not responding

Post by sfelzmann »

Hello there,

I recently bought a F2-210 to replace my aging Buffalo LinkStation - and after a succesfull installation and initialisation on Tuesday last week, it just loses randomly the LAN-connection. For the last days I have suffered random disconnects from the LAN and the unit will not reconnect itself. I have tried turning all the file servers on and off and I am still getting random disconnects.

I have changed IP addresses numerous time and set up port forwarding, set up active and standby binds etc and yet I still cant stop it disconnecting. It runs currently TOS 4.1.27-2006291655

When the disconnect happens, I can not connect to the log in page, the power and HDD LED are solid green, also the LAN LED. The front reset power/reset button will not work and the unit has to be reset by pulling the power out. But for a small time after the disconnect I am still able to ping the device and get an answer.

Any advice would be very appreciated right now because I'm losing my patience right here.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-210 constantly loosing LAN connection and is not responding

Post by TMroy »

Please write an email to support(at)terra-master.com and ask for help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ComputerTherapy

Re: F2-210 constantly loosing LAN connection and is not responding

Post by ComputerTherapy »

We have a similar situation in that we cannot stay connected to the F2-210. However, it does continue to show as a network location in the W10 file explorer. But ... when we try to connect to it, we are presented with the admin log in window and the correct password is not accepted. After 3 to 5 attempts we can reconnect,

Sent request to TM tech support but no response as of yet.