There is no VPN option anywhere

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
cjom

There is no VPN option anywhere

Post by cjom »

Hi.
I have a new F2-210 running TOS v4.1.18 and the help files state there should be VPN configuration options under Control Panel> Network Services> Network Settings.
The options I have are "general", "network interface", "wi-fi" and "proxy connection".
NO VPN anywhere in control panel nor apps to be installed.
Any idea whats goin on?
powerQ

Re: There is no VPN option anywhere

Post by powerQ »

The model F2-210/F4-210 does not support VPN, to have such feature, you need more advanced models like F2-221/F5-221....
but TerraMaster does not remark this inside the document, this is the thing need to be improved.
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please be noted that for F2-210 and F4-210, the VPN feature is not available for them at the moment. You can contact our coordinate of Amazon to get other supportive models instead.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

I too have fallen for this. I thought the Vpn client was included in the tos4.1 but it was not made clear that it is not included in the version for the f4-210 2gb ram model. This is something I need. Bought this on a lightening deal on Amazon yesterday. Very disappointed. Will be sending it back and going for a qnap or Synology. Thought I'd give terramaster a go, wish I had not bothered! Was really hoping Terramaster would have been a good alternative to the above but the lack of a VPN client is unacceptable. Especially when it is stated tos 4.1 has it built in. Was looking forward to using this device and giving a YouTube review of it!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We will modify the related information and get it clearer to users.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
krisiferwil

Post by krisiferwil »

I literally ONLY want to know which VPN has the Best "Speed" for the best "Price"?
Just enjoy my life, people, and you.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

220/420/221/422 models are of the same system and same VPN, you can decide which one is most suitable for you.
krisiferwil

Post by krisiferwil »

krisiferwil wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 19:45 I literally ONLY want to know which VPN has the Best "Speed" for the best "Price"?
Thanks.
Just enjoy my life, people, and you.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

PPTP VPN may be the one with the best speed.
valacer

Post by valacer »

Really? There is not even a VPN client option? I just turned my new unit on, didnt see anything for 'VPN' and hit google, found this thread.

Holy heck - i am stuck with a completely useless $300 paperweight.

How on earth is a modern NAS without a VPN client. Pretty sorry i went Terramaster now :/