www.tcloudme.com’s server IP address could not be found

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
ben_m

www.tcloudme.com’s server IP address could not be found

Post by ben_m »

Hi Everyone,

When I try to access www.tcloudme.com either from the TNAS GUI or by directly entering the domain into a browser it does not go to the login but instead gives me the error:

"This site can’t be reached
www.tcloudme.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

A whois lookup says the domain exists :
IP Address 47.91.170.222
Updated Date: 2020-06-21 T07:30:15Z
Name Server: EXPIRENS3.HICHINA.COM
Name Server: EXPIRENS4.HICHINA.COM

Any ideas ?

Cheers !
Ben_M
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: www.tcloudme.com’s server IP address could not be found

Post by TMroy »

May I know why you need to visit the link you mentioned? Do you have a TerraMaster device and what's the model and running which version of OS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ben_m

Post by ben_m »

Hi TMroy,

Excuse me for being impertinent but I would have thought the answer was obvious?

The TNAS GUI I mentioned is used for administering a Terra Master device therefore I own a TNAS device, yes.

On the TNAS GUI log-in page there is also a 'Cloud Login' button which redirects the user to the www.tcloudme.com address for cloud log-in except it reports a DNS error as I mentioned.

The user manual advises that "Tcloud (TerraMaster Cloud) is TerraMaster’s exclusive private cloud storage service. With this service, users can find remote access to TNAS via internet and manage the files in TNAS."

I wish to take advantage of the cloud log-in feature.

And at 6.4 of the manual 'Cloud login' advises that "Users can remotely log in to Tcloud via the following method:"

1. Visit www.tcloudme.com to login Tcloud.
2. Install Tcloud software on your Windows, Mac computer, click cloud icon to login cloud.
3. Install Tcloud app on your Android or iOS mobile devices, touch cloud icon to login cloud.

Model = F4 NAS
TOS = 2.515
TCloud = 2.515

Purchased new 10-06-2020

They are advertised as current product by the distributor here:
http://www.encomtech.com.au/?m=Product&v=Default&i=107
Also on their Noontech page:
http://www.noontec.com.au/index.php?m=P ... ault&i=107

Kind Regards,

Ben M
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Ben,
I am sorry to tell you that the model you bought was end of life long time ago. Please find this article for your reference.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ben_m

Post by ben_m »

Hi TMroy,

I have already read that article, it is of no help to me whatsoever and it does not explain where the cloud log-in went to either.

Your Australian distributor should not be able to sell these products as new if they are EOL and discontinued, it is illegal under Australian Consumer Law.

In Australian Consumer Law if a service such as the cloud login facility was advertised and sold with the product then it has to be available to the purchaser of the new product. I bought the F4-NAS new with all the rights and privileges that Australian Consumer law provides. The product was not advertised as EOL by your distributor here in Australia, nor was it advertised as EOL by their local reseller. I nor most customers, would not purchase a product that is EOL with no support or spare parts or discontinued related services such as the Cloud Log-in.

AND you still haven't explained why the Cloud Log-in is not working, are you going to tell us all that all the users that were using the cloud log-in feature were suddenly disconnected in December 2019?

I want my F4-NAS that I bought new 2 weeks ago, in good faith that I had a supported product with appropriate warranty, replaced with a current equivalent model please.

Kind Regards,

Ben M
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please write an email to sales@terra-master.com, we will try to help with a solution.
ben_m

Post by ben_m »

Thank you TMroy, I will try to reply within the next couple of days.
ben_m

Post by ben_m »

Hi TMroy,

email sent, thanks you.

Ben M

Return to “Network & Remote Access”