F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
jlindsay

Re: F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

Post by jlindsay »

Just did manual re-install with latest OSagain 4.1.27. Seems ok so far, but will know in a few hours :). One thingto note (which may happen to others) is that my folder permissions were reset, so I thought the data had been lost but I just had to go back into Control Panel>Shared Folders and reset my admin account to have read/write permission for the hidden folders I could not see in the file manager. Al lgood after that :). If my re-install did not solve network dropouts, I will advise in this thread for others.

jlindsay wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:52 Thanks for your help!

Strontiumdog wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:26
jlindsay wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:17 Hi

Does that manual install wipe your raid/data or just refresh the OS?

Thanks!

It just overwrites the OS, doesn't affect the data. I had 5TB stored so was a bit twitchy about it but there was no issues.
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Ok, well after TOS re-install the NAS seems to be stable and no dropouts so far. Looks like the manual re-install of TOS is the TerraMaster equivalent of "have you turned your PC off and on again?"... :)
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

NAS just went down again. It was up for hours, which is the best it has been so far but still not fixed. Still no word from support team re my support email :(
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

You can try installing 4.0.9 or 4.1.18, both were perfectly stable for me. The downside is you get slightly older versions of the apps, but at least it might get your connection stable.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

by jlindsay » Today, 01:27

NAS just went down again. It was up for hours, which is the best it has been so far but still not fixed. Still no word from support team re my support email
Hi James, your emails was missed and reply until today. The support didn't know that you reinstalled your TOS with 4.1.27 already.
Please reinstall it to 4.0.09 to see if it's better. Here is a link for your reference: http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0_ ... _VN178.ins
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sdclee

Post by sdclee »

Are those versions of software/firmware all compatible with the F2-220 as well as F2-221 ?
And anyone at TerraMaster, how come this appears to have been working in 4.0.09 and then broken in later versions?
Please state if you can whether I am safe to try out a manual install of 4.0.09 on my F2-220 NAS.
Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

jlindsay wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 01:27 NAS just went down again. It was up for hours, which is the best it has been so far but still not fixed. Still no word from support team re my support email :(
Did you uninstall any application after your TOS reinstallation? we found that uninstall some app may delete some system files, that lead to system hang. We will fix it in the coming new update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Hi

I hadn't uninstalled any apps. I downgraded to 4.0.9 and it has been running perfectly for two weeks. But, I can't stay on that version forever, I assume. So I upgraded to 4.1.27 and within two hours the NAS was gone again. There was a version in between. I think it was 4.1.18? The automatic update brought me straight to 4.1.27 but I'm wondering could I downgrade to 4.0.9 again, then upgrade to 4.1.18 and then finally upgrade to 4.1.27? Perhaps there is something crucial missing in the 4.1.27 upgrade??? I haven't had any luck with that version.

TMroy wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 23:37
jlindsay wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 01:27 NAS just went down again. It was up for hours, which is the best it has been so far but still not fixed. Still no word from support team re my support email :(
Did you uninstall any application after your TOS reinstallation? we found that uninstall some app may delete some system files, that lead to system hang. We will fix it in the coming new update.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Post by sdclee » 15 Jul 2020, 23:17

Are those versions of software/firmware all compatible with the F2-220 as well as F2-221 ?
And anyone at TerraMaster, how come this appears to have been working in 4.0.09 and then broken in later versions?
Please state if you can whether I am safe to try out a manual install of 4.0.09 on my F2-220 NAS.
Thanks.
Yes, the software is compatible with F2-220 as well as f2-221. They are both X86 models.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Post by jlindsay » Yesterday, 14:55

Hi

I hadn't uninstalled any apps. I downgraded to 4.0.9 and it has been running perfectly for two weeks. But, I can't stay on that version forever, I assume. So I upgraded to 4.1.27 and within two hours the NAS was gone again. There was a version in between. I think it was 4.1.18? The automatic update brought me straight to 4.1.27 but I'm wondering could I downgrade to 4.0.9 again, then upgrade to 4.1.18 and then finally upgrade to 4.1.27? Perhaps there is something crucial missing in the 4.1.27 upgrade??? I haven't had any luck with that version.
Hi, you can manually upgrade to 4.1.27 again to see if it's stable. As the experience of another client, it's working then after reinstalled to 4.0.09 and upgraded to 4.1.27 again.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”