F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

Post by TMSupport »

OK, thanks for the feedback. We will test the two versions again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

Just to update this thread. 4.1.27 solved my disconnections and the unit is rock solid now. Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You are welcome and thanks for the feedback.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sdclee

Post by sdclee »

I have 4.1.21-2003031748 which reports to be the latest and I am reluctant to downgrade (unless I get officially informed that it will fix the issue).
My Mac OS (two different machines with Catalina 10.15.5) both disconnect regularly and randomly, sometimes even after only a minute or two.
I have to close all finder windows and re-establish the connection by "Finder / Go / Connect to a server".
I have had the problem since day one and not just with Mac OS. I rarely use my Windows 10 machine but it does exhibit the same behaviour.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Hi

Same problem for me. Just bought Model F2-221 a week ago on TOS 4.1.27-2006301044 using windows 10 or android phones via app and NAS drops off network after a couple of hours or even less. Applied static IP via TOS and my Asus router (never had this problem with any other device) and locked all other devices into DHCP assignment IP address range above the fixed IP address 192.168.2.5 assigned to the NAS, yet it still drops off. No power issues or IP conflicts. Awaiting advice from support 24 hours since last reply. One option I thought would fix it was to assign the same Network Time Protocol source on my router and the NAS (time.windows.com) as I had heard devices can bkicked off a network if their system time drifts too far from the network's, but still the issue persists! Another option could be to reinstall TOS, as previous user seemed to have some luck. But why is this necessary, it is a fresh install??? Would really appreciate some help on this, feels like such a waste of money, completely unreliable at the moment.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

sdclee wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 20:29 I have 4.1.21-2003031748 which reports to be the latest and I am reluctant to downgrade (unless I get officially informed that it will fix the issue).
My Mac OS (two different machines with Catalina 10.15.5) both disconnect regularly and randomly, sometimes even after only a minute or two.
I have to close all finder windows and re-establish the connection by "Finder / Go / Connect to a server".
I have had the problem since day one and not just with Mac OS. I rarely use my Windows 10 machine but it does exhibit the same behaviour.
Hi, download 4.1.27 from http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0_ ... 301431.ins and install it via the control panel.

I found that 4.1.21 gave me random disconnects, but 4.1.27 solved it and have not had the same problem again.
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Hi

Does that manual install wipe your raid/data or just refresh the OS?

Thanks!

Strontiumdog wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:12
sdclee wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 20:29 I have 4.1.21-2003031748 which reports to be the latest and I am reluctant to downgrade (unless I get officially informed that it will fix the issue).
Hi, download 4.1.27 from http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_S2.0_ ... 301431.ins and install it via the control panel.

I found that 4.1.21 gave me random disconnects, but 4.1.27 solved it and have not had the same problem again.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

jlindsay wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:46 Hi

Same problem for me. Just bought Model F2-221 a week ago on TOS 4.1.27-2006301044 using windows 10 or android phones via app and NAS drops off network after a couple of hours or even less. Applied static IP via TOS and my Asus router (never had this problem with any other device) and locked all other devices into DHCP assignment IP address range above the fixed IP address 192.168.2.5 assigned to the NAS, yet it still drops off. No power issues or IP conflicts. Awaiting advice from support 24 hours since last reply. One option I thought would fix it was to assign the same Network Time Protocol source on my router and the NAS (time.windows.com) as I had heard devices can bkicked off a network if their system time drifts too far from the network's, but still the issue persists! Another option could be to reinstall TOS, as previous user seemed to have some luck. But why is this necessary, it is a fresh install??? Would really appreciate some help on this, feels like such a waste of money, completely unreliable at the moment.
Hi, Yes I downgraded after trying different hardware (USB to Ethernet adapter and Wi-Fi Dongle) to see if it was a hardware or software issue. I downgraded to 4.0.9 which was stable and then upgraded incrementally until I started to run into issues which if I remember correctly was 4.1.21. 4.1.27 has solved my issues though.

The only other thing I did was reserve an IP address in my router for the units mac address.

Please note that you can upgrade/downgrade as much as you like. Turn the unit off, pull the drives, turn it on and wait for the beeps. Insert the drives and go to the webpage and choose install new TOS and and select the firmware you had downloaded.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

jlindsay wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:17 Hi

Thanks!

It just overwrites the OS, doesn't affect the data. I had 5TB stored so was a bit twitchy about it but there was no issues.
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Thanks for your help!

Strontiumdog wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:26
jlindsay wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 18:17 Hi

Thanks!

It just overwrites the OS, doesn't affect the data. I had 5TB stored so was a bit twitchy about it but there was no issues.