F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Strontiumdog

F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

Post by Strontiumdog »

I recently bought a F2-221 to replace my ageing MyBooklive for holding my media files and to replace my pc as the Emby server.

Ever since it has been running I have suffered random disconnects from the LAN and the unit will not reconnect itself. I have tried turning all the file servers on and off and I am still getting random disconnects. It can be 10 mins or 4 hour, during a file transfer or when idle, when emby is running and when it is not.

I have changed IP addresses numerous time and set up port forwarding, set up active and standby binds etc and yet I still cant stop it disconnecting.

It is plugged directly in the router with a brand new cable.

My Mybook has been plugged into a router for 10 years and never disconnected, so can any point point me on how to resolve this as at the moment I cant use it as a reliable emby or media server if I have to restart it every so often to renew the connection. (i should mention that the connection works fine after a reset until it disconnects again)

I have tried to find any option for the unit to reconnect after it looses connectivity to the network but there doesn't seem to be any.

Anyone got any suggestions as at the minute it has become an expensive doorstop.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, when it disconnected from the LAN, was there any word showing at the right side status bar? And the file transferring would be interrupted? Did you check the LAN LED indicator on the front panel, was it red. green, or dimmed?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

The lights were all green.

As an update, I've removed my old NAS (Mybook) off the router and also connected my Terramaster drive to my router through another mini router (https://www.amazon.co.uk/GL-iNet-GL-MT3 ... ers&sr=1-3 as an access point in case it was a port issue with the Virgin Media Router.

The NAS has now been online for 13 hours which seems to be more promising.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

I spoke too soon, disconnected again. I have remotely restarted the routers but the unit still remains offline. :(
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

:( sorry to know that. please send an email to support(a)terra-master.com with detailed information and we will arrange a remote session for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Strontiumdog wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 21:27 I spoke too soon, disconnected again. I have remotely restarted the routers but the unit still remains offline. :(
May I know what operation you were doing when your TNAS disconnected from the network? Are you watching movie via dlna media server, or listening music or something else? How you discovered it disconnected? Such information can help to the reason and solution for you. thanks.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding.

I have found that it is totally random, I could be watching a movie and the connection just drop, or the unit could be idle and when I try to log in I find that that he connection has dropped off and I cant connect remotely.

To test it further I connected to ethernet via a USB to Ethernet port https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-3-0-Hub-Al ... g=mh0a9-21 and it seemed to stay connected for longer but on occasion still suffered random disconnections.

I have just received a wifi dongle https://www.amazon.co.uk/COMFAST-Adapte ... geNumber=2and I will test connectivity with it. So far its been up for an hour.

It wouldn't be so much of an issue if the device detected the disconnect and reset the adapters I think.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

Update: After a couple of hours the WIFI disconnected as well.

I couldn't connect to the log in page, the power and HDD LED were solid green and no light was showing on the LAN LED. The front reset power/reset button would not work and the unit to be reset by pulling the power out which is in line with all the other ethernet disconnects.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Your emails was received, we will arrange the remote session for you.
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

You can cancel the remote session. I successfully downgraded TOS to 4.0.9 and the unit has been stable on the local network all day. Whilst not ideal, the NAS is working, so I guess it’s an issue with 4.1.24.