F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
jlindsay

Re: F2-221 Random Network Disconnects

Post by jlindsay »

Hi

Sorry, I don't think you read my post. I did already upgrade from 4.0.9 to 4.1.27 and the NAS was off the network within 2 hours. So, I have reverted to 4.0.9 again. Are you now suggesting I do the exactly same thing again and upgrade to 4.1.27?

TMSupport wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:38
Post by jlindsay » Yesterday, 14:55

Hi

I hadn't uninstalled any apps. I downgraded to 4.0.9 and it has been running perfectly for two weeks. But, I can't stay on that version forever, I assume. So I upgraded to 4.1.27 and within two hours the NAS was gone again. There was a version in between. I think it was 4.1.18? The automatic update brought me straight to 4.1.27 but I'm wondering could I downgrade to 4.0.9 again, then upgrade to 4.1.18 and then finally upgrade to 4.1.27? Perhaps there is something crucial missing in the 4.1.27 upgrade??? I haven't had any luck with that version.
Hi, you can manually upgrade to 4.1.27 again to see if it's stable. As the experience of another client, it's working then after reinstalled to 4.0.09 and upgraded to 4.1.27 again.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were on 4.0.09 without upgrading and downgrading. Please backup your data first, and delete the created volume and storage pool to reconfigure it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

No problem. Thanks for reply. My NAS is my backup, I don't have another drive large enough to hold the 1tb stored in it. Is my data not safe in the NAS?

Thanks

TMSupport wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 10:55 Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were on 4.0.09 without upgrading and downgrading. Please backup your data first, and delete the created volume and storage pool to reconfigure it.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

The amount of people being advised to reinstall software and requiring remote etc. I would never use my terramaster as primary source of data. mine is my backup and I have already lost my data twice with various things like plex messing up, tos updates etc.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
Strontiumdog

Post by Strontiumdog »

I updated to 4.1.30 at the weekend and suffered again from the Lan randomly dropping off again. It would only be connectable for a few hours at most. I have since gone back to 4.1.27 and have had no issues again.
jlindsay

Post by jlindsay »

Sorry to hear of your incessant LAN dropouts. The updates do not seem to work very well and I was constantly restarting. I had to send it back and get a Synology. Its a shame as I did like it, but too unstable. There are plenty of happy customers on Amazon reviews so I guess there is something very strange about our versions??? Hope you have better luck in the future.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

jlindsay wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 19:46 Sorry to hear of your incessant LAN dropouts. The updates do not seem to work very well and I was constantly restarting. I had to send it back and get a Synology. Its a shame as I did like it, but too unstable. There are plenty of happy customers on Amazon reviews so I guess there is something very strange about our versions??? Hope you have better luck in the future.
Sorry to hear of experiencing issue with your TNAS, may I know more specific about your issue? what did you mean constantly restarting? if we can sure the product unit defective, we can replace it with a brand new one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Unread post by Strontiumdog » Yesterday, 18:29

I updated to 4.1.30 at the weekend and suffered again from the Lan randomly dropping off again. It would only be connectable for a few hours at most. I have since gone back to 4.1.27 and have had no issues again.
May I know which programs are you running? Is it possible to upgrade to 4.1.30 again and let our engineer remotely check it and find out what's the reason exactly? It will be appreciated if you can help us with it.
You can send an email to support(a)terra-master.com to confirm it. Thank you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Righty01

Post by Righty01 »

I too get random network disconnects on my F5-421. I am constantly restarting it. The pc software hardly finds it. My windows can see it but Nas is not responding. I'm just fed up with it and thinking about sending it back
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

by Righty01 » Today, 04:13

I too get random network disconnects on my F5-421. I am constantly restarting it. The pc software hardly finds it. My windows can see it but Nas is not responding. I'm just fed up with it and thinking about sending it back
As for TNAS PC could not find it, but it could be accessed with Windows Explorer and TOS webpage, it's possibly related to the network settings there.
Please check whether there is any firewall blocked TNAS on the router; please close the firewall and anti-virus software of your computer and run TNAS PC to search again;
As for NAS is not responding, may I know the HDD model number in return? Please refer to this topic to get more information: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=915