Lost network connection! Flaky device!

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Tricky
Great Britain

Lost network connection! Flaky device!

Post by Tricky »

Is this device the most flaky i have ever come across.....probably!
My F5-221 stays on permanently and until now i have not had cause to turn off but yesterday i was having trouble getting Plex to install so after some hunting i found that someone had success with uninstalling plex and turning the unit off via the on-board schedule and then on again manually and reinstalling Plex.

Anyway on trying to enable the off time in the schedule and it not working i gave up and turned off manually then back on and successfully reinstalled Plex and got it to configure properly after that i was running a duplicate's finder on one of the RAID folders which went fine,
This morning i couldn't contact the TNAS via the network and its IP address was not visible so had a look and it was on so thought i would just turn it off and on again....no dice it would not turn off i had to unplug it!......its working again now but every time something odd happens with this device i dread what else is going to happen....tempted to just go back to my old Zyxel NAS ran for years with no problems at all!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Lost network connection! Flaky device!

Post by TMroy »

hi Tricky, did you replace your faulty drive? And you did tell what drive you have installed to the TNAS even if I have asked you twice. May I have your drive model number? A faulty drive or un compatible drive may cause a lot of unexpected issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Yes replaced it with another drive i had previously used in the TNAS so i know its OK i have never come across a NAS that is so sensitive to HHD type and state like i said my Zyxel NAS when on for years with cheap desktop drives.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

hi Tricky,
Cheap desktop drive is not recommanded, old cheap desktop drive even worse. All issues you have reported are related to your drive. You better replace a drive with good condition.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)