New firewall rule and i can't enter

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
doctorase

New firewall rule and i can't enter

Post by doctorase »

Hi, I've introduced a firewall rule to allow 1194 range port but now i can't access to NAS. I can't access normally and the NAS PC app can't find it. What can i do?
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: New firewall rule and i can't enter

Post by TMnorah »

You probably did not include the nas access IP in your allowed range, please reinstall the system to delete the firewall.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

How can I reinstall the system if I can't find the NAS with PC app? If I connect the HDD to a pc, can I access to my data to backup it?
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}doctorase
You can reinstall the system according to the following link operation method, and the system will not delete your data. You can also read hard disk data through third-party software for backup. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sanctimon

Post by sanctimon »

Is it not possible to add a Firewall rule using the terminal via SSH? This will save us from reinstalling TOS.
VormacRin

Post by VormacRin »

doctorase wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 02:38 Hi, I've introduced a firewall rule to allow 1194 range port but now i can't access to NAS. I can't access normally and the NAS PC app can't find it. What can i do?
I realise this is an old post and I hope you are not still having this issue. However, for anyone else that has this issue, like I did yesterday, I did find a way to sort it.

Basically, same as OP, I add one rule to allow access to the NAS via the https port I set. On creating the rule the firewall set to drop all by default, which is what firewalls should be set to, but the port I set did not save and basically locked down the NAS.

I'm not a fan of iptables, I like to slap UFW on top of it, but I looked up some guides to try and turn the firewall off to allow me access to the NAS web GUI.

I connected a monitor and keyboard directly to the NAS and used the terminal, as I couldn't SSH in.

From the terminal I entered in the following commands:

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

THIS ESSENITALLY TURNS YOUR FIREWALL OFF SO BEWARE!

I have a good firewall on my router, so not having one on my NAS, which I am not allowing outside of my network, doesn't bother me.

After the above commands, I could log back in via the web gui and delete the rule that was cocking up my firewall. After a restart of the NAS I could log in as normal.

I hope this helps someone.
Thousand8431

Post by Thousand8431 »

Thank you VormacRin. This definitely helped me!
VormacRin

Post by VormacRin »

Thousand8431 wrote: 13 May 2023, 02:46 Thank you VormacRin. This definitely helped me!
You're more than welcome! :D
E9800

Post by E9800 »

VormacRin wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 16:33
doctorase wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 02:38 Hi, I've introduced a firewall rule to allow 1194 range port but now i can't access to NAS. I can't access normally and the NAS PC app can't find it. What can i do?
I realise this is an old post and I hope you are not still having this issue. However, for anyone else that has this issue, like I did yesterday, I did find a way to sort it.

Basically, same as OP, I add one rule to allow access to the NAS via the https port I set. On creating the rule the firewall set to drop all by default, which is what firewalls should be set to, but the port I set did not save and basically locked down the NAS.

I'm not a fan of iptables, I like to slap UFW on top of it, but I looked up some guides to try and turn the firewall off to allow me access to the NAS web GUI.

I connected a monitor and keyboard directly to the NAS and used the terminal, as I couldn't SSH in.

From the terminal I entered in the following commands:

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

THIS ESSENITALLY TURNS YOUR FIREWALL OFF SO BEWARE!

I have a good firewall on my router, so not having one on my NAS, which I am not allowing outside of my network, doesn't bother me.

After the above commands, I could log back in via the web gui and delete the rule that was cocking up my firewall. After a restart of the NAS I could log in as normal.

I hope this helps someone.
This helped me as well. Thank You