Can't access the Login Panel

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
ShaunIOW

Can't access the Login Panel

Post by ShaunIOW »

I have the F4-210, I use it mainly as a Plex server, and had three hard-drives in it, yesterday I put a 4th in (same make/model as the other three), I shut it down through the Admin panel (but still had to use the physical on/off switch), but in the new drive and started it up - all the drive lights are green, Plex works fine with the original 3 drives and I can access the original three drives in Windows Explorer, the NAS is also found with the TNAS Desktop app, but I cannot log-in through the Admin panel because as soon as I try loading it either by entering the IP address in a web browser (tried Brave, Edge and Chrome) or the log-in button in the desktop app which launches a web page I get a screen of random symbols (see screen shot)' I've tried turning the unit off and on again, rebooted the router and the PC and nothing helps, so I cannot initialise and setup the new H/D - any ideas?

Cheers
NAS.jpg
NAS.jpg (13.15 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't access the Login Panel

Post by TMSupport »

The system is abnormal, please try to reinstall the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ShaunIOW

Post by ShaunIOW »

I'm following method 2, but not getting to the point where I can install TOS. I've followed the instructions, but after putting the 4 hard-drives (all Toshiba NAS N300 8Tb) in I get a screen with START on it, I click that and a wheel goes round, then it just goes to a white screen with 2 empty boxes saying tips underneath and it says RTD1296_1328_V4.9.6 at the bottom, and nothing happens (please see screen shots attached).
Attachments
NAS1.jpg
NAS1.jpg (3.33 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
NAS2.jpg
NAS2.jpg (10.75 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

change a web browser and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ShaunIOW

Post by ShaunIOW »

TMroy wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 23:59 change a web browser and try again.
Cheers, done that. Now have TOS 4.2.40 running and can access the NAS using the IP address in the web browser, but I now have a few more issues.

1 The Three original drives show as connected and all are good, but when I use File Manager on the NAS only the first volume shows up and lets me access files, the other 2 don't appear at all.

2. In Windows Explorer on the PC, I can only access Volume1 and view/change files, with Volumes 2 and 3 showing as there but access is denied and my username/password doesn't work any longer - the NAS is in the same Workgroup as my laptop etc.

3. The new hard drive isn't showing up as connected even though the light for it is on, on the NAS unit itself (all 4 drive lights are green).

4. Plex no longer works properly and will only let me play what is on Volume 1, but not what's on 2 and 3. The DLNA Media Server also only shows a yellow triangle with an ! when I click it on the dashboard, and the only options are uninstall and send to desktop in Applications (I tried uninstall/reinstall with the same outcome).
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

1. Go to Control Panel--Volumes, check if Volume 2 and Volume 3 are displayed.
If both volumes are not displayed, the volumes may not be mounted successfully, you can try to restart the TNAS.
If both are displayed, please check whether the user has read and write permissions for the shared folder under the volume.
2. The new hard disk is not recognized, you can try to unplug and insert the hard disk again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
ShaunIOW

Post by ShaunIOW »

TMSupport wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 14:23 1. Go to Control Panel--Volumes, check if Volume 2 and Volume 3 are displayed.
If both volumes are not displayed, the volumes may not be mounted successfully, you can try to restart the TNAS.
If both are displayed, please check whether the user has read and write permissions for the shared folder under the volume.
2. The new hard disk is not recognized, you can try to unplug and insert the hard disk again.
Cheers, The three hard drives now appear in File Manager in the web browser and I changed the permissions,, but I still cannot access Volume2 and 3 in Windows Explorer as it says the username or password isn't recognised and access is denied, also Plex can't play any files on volume 2 and 3 but can on volume 1, although does show the files but says to check they're still there.

I removed the hard drive and inserted it again and the green lights show 4 hard drives connected (like before) but it doesn't show up in the web browser so I can't format it etc, only the original 3 are shown.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”