Unable to use OpenVPN

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
doctorase

Unable to use OpenVPN

Post by doctorase »

I have upgraded to TOS 5 and I am trying to do an OpenVPN again, but I get an error. In User authentication I have set "SHA" and in Data Encryption "RC2-CBC" although I don't know what they mean.
When I try to access from the mobile I get the error: Failed to import profile. Failed to parse profile: crypto_alg: RC2-CBC not found.

Do you know what it could be?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to use OpenVPN

Post by TMSupport »

What software are you using to connect? Is the .ovpn configuration file imported? Can the connection succeed when using the other two protocols?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

I'm using OpenVPN Connect android app, the same app that i've used succesfully before the update. Yes, I'm using .ovpn file imported from the NAS.
The other 2 protocols are PPTP and L2TP/IPsec?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What software do you use on your phone? Which system version was before the update?
doctorase wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 02:00 The other 2 protocols are PPTP and L2TP/IPsec?
Yes, have you tried?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

Sorry, wrong post and i don't know how to delete it. I will try the other two methods, but i'm specially interested with openvpn
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

@tmroy I've been trying to install OpenVPN on my new tablet/laptop. I succeeded on my old laptop but it won't work with this one no matter which configuration and security protocols I am using. I was wondering if we could organise an online session to get me set up so I can access my TNAS via smb/windows explorer instead of having to go online all the time.

I even tried different versions of the openvpn itself, to try and negate the problem if it was software specific, using previous iterations on the openvpn website but still no luck.

Regards

Ollie
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}OllieHardy

Please try to connect with another user.
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

Sorry what do you mean by that?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Create a new user on the VPN server, and use the newly created user to connect on the client.
OllieHardy

Post by OllieHardy »

okay thanks. Today i am on holiday and tried to reset my 'remote access' to try to get the apk for my pixel 7 pro mobile.

Ive stupidly turned it off, and now because i'm not on my LAN, I can't remotely turn it on again. Are you able to help or will i have to wait until i get home again to enable remote access?