Not able to connect remotely anymore (dynv6)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Sasch

Not able to connect remotely anymore (dynv6)

Post by Sasch »

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues trying to access my TNAS via DDNS, and was hoping that some other dynv6 users could help me solve this.
I used to connect to my TNAS via DDNS using my dynv6.com account. I'm no expert in any of this but the connection is (was) pretty straightforward:

- The zone is assigned my router's current IP.
- In the Remote Access section within TOS, the username and password used to be my login credentials for dynv6.com
I've recently moved to another part of the city and reconnected my device to my router as normal (and assigned the new IP to the zone as usual), but this does not work anymore.

My device is accessible locally (within my LAN through the local IP it is assigned to) but is not accessible via the assigned domain name anymore.
"Connection status" in the DDNS section in TOS shows "Not connected"

A few things that I've tried/noticed:

- My domain name passes the delegation check as shown on the dynv6.com website.
- Testing a bit around, I noticed that the status changes to "connected" if I change the username to the code provided in the ddclient section of my dynv6 zone's rules (note it has to be the username and not the password, even though the code is labeled as a password in dynv6).

- I also tried generating a TSIG key and used it as suggested in this post here: viewtopic.php?t=1675, but this also didn't work.

Model and version of my device are:
F2-421 and 4.2.39-2203011626

Thank you in advance for any help!