open vpn local network access

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
vinodhum

open vpn local network access

Post by vinodhum »

HI,
I have setup openvpn on F2-423 and I am able to connect to it from outside network, but I cannot connect to local network, I did checked "allow client to access local area network" but still not able to connect to local client, I can connect to tnas gui but not other clients on local network.
can somebody guide me what am I doing wrong or how to fix it

thank you
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: open vpn local network access

Post by TMSupport »

What is your TOS version? Which devices are used as clients?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jhalfhide

Post by jhalfhide »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

I have exactly the same issue. TOS 5 on an F2-422. Ideally I would like for OpenVPN to give an IP to the client that is in the same range as my main LAN (192.168.10.*), and give me access to that LAN. As it stands, I have to get given a separate IP range to my LAN (192.168.12.*) and I can only access the NAS on the OpenVPN gateway IP (192.168.12.1). I do have 'allow LAN access ticked.

I could look to fi a lot of this if I could access the server OpenVPN config file, but I cannot.
F2-422 running TOS 5.1
Plex/Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr/SabNZBD
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jhalfhide

No, the IP pool in the openVPN can't be same as your local IP segment, this could lead to IP conflict.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jhalfhide

Post by jhalfhide »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jhalfhide
TMroy wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 11:45 No, the IP pool in the openVPN can't be same as your local IP segment, this could lead to IP conflict.
Could, if not correctly configured. This is why I would like to be able to edit the server config file. It's very easy to reserve an OpenVPN DHCP pool of 4-5 addresses. As it stands, the configuration given doesn't actually work. No LAN access, except for the NAS itself on the OpenVPN gateway IP.
F2-422 running TOS 5.1
Plex/Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr/SabNZBD
TheBlackStar

Post by TheBlackStar »

I have the very same problem in my F2-422 with TOS 5.1.
I configured OpenVPN to connect to my local devices from outside my LAN.
Unfortunately when I'm connected via OpenVPN I can only see my NAS and access it's web interface.
I cannot reach the other devices in my LAN.
denoventi

Post by denoventi »

I'm having the same problem.
I can connect to my VPN server with openvpn but I can't see any computers on my network even if the option to allow clients to access the server's local network is checked.
Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you.
trendjack

Post by trendjack »

I have the very same problem.
In order to access my home network from outside my LAN, I set up OpenVPN.
Unfortunately, I can only see my NAS and access its web interface while connectingcoreball over OpenVPN.
I am unable to connect to the other devices on my LAN.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Will verify your feedback.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
mithito

Post by mithito »

I have the very same issue. I configured OpenVPN. I am able to connect from outside my network but I can only access the virtual IP range. "Allow clients to access the local area network where the server is located" does not seem to work.