Impossible to activate TNAS Online (TOS 5 on a F5-422)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
odradek78

Impossible to activate TNAS Online (TOS 5 on a F5-422)

Post by odradek78 »

Hello everyone.

I have a TNAS F5-422 set up with four 8To and one 4To Ironwolf HDDs. It goes through a QNAP switch QSW-M408-2C to be able to use the 10Gb/s connexion. Everything works fine, TOS is working, the Drive Mapping works fine as well and I even managed to reach 350Mo/s transfer speed on big files from a SSD to the NAS on my local connexion.

MY PROBLEM is the following : when I go to TOS 5 on my web browser (Chrome) and I click on the "Activate TNAS Online" box, choosing any kind of server (World, US, China or Europe), it doesn't work. More precisely, it starts to "think" as if it was processing the request, but never gets out of this state. After that, I can't even close the TNAS Online windows other than with a right click on the grey horizontal bar above the main window. As a result, so far, I can't even try ton configurate the Online access since the process never completed and when I reopen the TNAS Online window, the little box is still unclicked...

I thought it could have to do with the QNAP switch but I have an old F4-210, plugged into the same switch, and I managed to allow the TNAS Online connexion (in TOS 4.2.31) on it...

So, if anyone encounter the same problem and managed to solve it, I'd be grateful for a bit of help.

Thanks in advance.

Lionel.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Impossible to activate TNAS Online (TOS 5 on a F5-422)

Post by TMroy »

Please make sure if your TNAS is connected to internet.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
odradek78

Post by odradek78 »

Hi TMroy,

Thank you for your answer. As I said in my post, the F5-522 NAS is connected to a switch that is connected to the Internet. Therefore, it must be connected to the Internet. Besides, my other NAS (F4-210) is also connected to the same switch and the remote online access works perfectly fine on it...
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}odradek78

Make sure you didn't turn on Security Isolation Mode.

If the above wasn't enabled, did you set any firewall settings on the NAS itself?
odradek78

Post by odradek78 »

@crisisacting,

Thank you for your answer.

Security Isolation Mode is not activated, that is for sure.

Concerning the firewall on the NAS itself, I didn't set any.