F5-422 not staying mounted

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
psuttles

F5-422 not staying mounted

Post by psuttles »

I am trying to copy a large amount of data (16TB) from an older Promise RAID array (Thunderbolt 2) to the F5-422. I have the Promose RAID array locally connected to a Macbook Pro running macOS 10.14. I can mount the F5-422 to the MAcbook and begin the process of copying the data, but at some point, the F5-422 is disconnected and unmounted, which cancels the data copy process.

Is there any setting in the TOS to allow for continuous connection? Failing that, is there any reason why the F5-422 would be unmounted from the Macbook after a specific length of time?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F5-422 not staying mounted

Post by TMroy »

How did you mount your tnas to your mackook? it is recommended to use the smb file service, please go to "Finder > Go > Connect to server".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
psuttles

Re: F5-422 not staying mounted

Post by psuttles »

It is mounted via smb (smb://xxx.xxx.xxx).

The trouble is not connecting to or mounting TNAS (I can connect to the TNAS just fine), it is maintaining connectivity once it has been mounted. I have tried several different ways of copying this large amount of data...currently, I am using Carbon Copy Cloner to move data, and it works for several hours, but eventually, the connection to the TNAS is severed and the copy process stalls/fails.

All devices are using a static IP, so there is no chance for a network change during the process.

I would just connect the Promise RAID array to the USB port on the TNAS (since the Promise drive is basically one large external storage host), but the Promise array is an older Thunderbolt 2 model, and I have no way of converting Thunderbolt 2 to the USB-A type port on the TNAS.