Remote Access application in TOS 4.1 gives "operation failed"

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Remote Access application in TOS 4.1 gives "operation failed"

Post by TMSupport »

It's not very clear, but it seems like "Operation successful".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

kilbey1 wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 11:10 Here is the link to the video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lMGWxt ... sp=sharing
Thank you for your sharing the video. This video shows the DDNS service failed to start, normally such thing happened because there is no respond from the DDNS server or the authorization failed. Please make sure your credentials are correct, and check with your DDNS service provider if your domain still working properly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kilbey1

Post by kilbey1 »

If you wait until just after "Operation Successful" appears, you will see that the checkbox next to "Enabled DDNS" becomes unchecked again. I have tried this several times, and it doesn't stay checked.

I ran a test by changing my password without any special characters on dyndns and then trying again. I get the same result.

Same issue above can be recreated with my no-ip account.

Using Safari Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610) on Mac Catalina 10.15.7.

Also tested on Chrome Version 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (x86_64) on Mac Catalina 10.15.7 with same results.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is it ok to let our technician remotely check it for you? Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
kilbey1

Post by kilbey1 »

Sent email.
zeroblu3

Post by zeroblu3 »

I can confirm i have the same problem with No-Ip and DynDNS.
Changed hostname, password on multiple accounts even tried on different firmware. I get the confirmation 'successful' and shortly after the checkbox is unticked and the host is not connected.

I'm currently on F2-210 4.2.07 and the problem is still present i really need this feature on my nas and i can't bother to manually update the host every time my ip changes. Is there a fix or workaround for this?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

It may show some problems or frequent operations without responding. In fact, it is connected. Please try to clear the browser cache and refresh.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
zeroblu3

Post by zeroblu3 »

TMS wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 11:43 It may show some problems or frequent operations without responding. In fact, it is connected. Please try to clear the browser cache and refresh.
I've already tried that too. It's not connected, on my dns control panel i can see the host is not updating.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Is it ok to let our engineer have a remotely check for you? You can contact us at support(a)terra-master.com to confirm the details.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @