TNAS not finding NAS but I can open GUI using IP

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
thebaddoxtor

TNAS not finding NAS but I can open GUI using IP

Post by thebaddoxtor »

Hi Folks

I am seeing a lot of issues on this board about the NAS not being found by TNAS app, whihc is a shame, as I dumped TrueNas for your NAS, as TrueNas was as flaky as hell.

Issue 1. I can see the NAS using the 1gb ethernet port. I can connect to it via explorser and access the GUI. When I try to use the 10gb ethernet port, via a 10gb switch port, I cannot do the same thing. DHCP gives it an IP address but will not connect. I bought this model for the 10gb port and if I cannot use ity then I need to send this back

Issue 2. Although I can access the GUI via 1gb ethernet, TNAS cannot find the NAS, so i cannot map a network drive. Very frustrating, especially as I can access it on the network via the IP address.

The PC firewall is NOT blocking TNAS.exe - I can see that app is 'allowed'
I have rebooted the NAS many many times with no change
I have unplugged the ethernet cable many many times with no change
I have uninstalled the TNAS app many many times and reinstalled it with no change. Current version is V3.2.0.6
I have changed cables many times with no improvement

Any ideas?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS not finding NAS but I can open GUI using IP

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thebaddoxtor
HI, for problems that cannot be searched by TNAS PC, please refer to here:viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2250 If the TNAS PC cannot find the NAS anyway, please manually access your TNAS via SMB by entering \\TNAS IP address into Windows File Explorer, right click a shared folder in your TNAS and select "Map network drive" from the list. Regarding the 10Gbit network card, you need to install the TOS and use it through the driver in the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thebaddoxtor

Post by thebaddoxtor »

Hi TMzethar

Thanks for the reply.

If I go to windows explorer and enter \\192.168.1.xxx I get the message 'no items match your search'
From within TOS I can see my SMB/CIFS file service is enabled for workgroup/domain *.* but I still get no item found when using windows explorer.

As per your helplist:
The version of TOS is currently 4.2.30 - 2203011626
The port switch on the back of the NAS is flashing and connected
There are 5 hard drives in the NAS and no warnings of damage are displayed
The NAS and the PC are on the same network and I can ping the NAS from the PC. I can also open the TOS interface via a browser, using the 192.168.1.xxx/tos/ URL
The windows defender firewall is allowing SMB connections and not blocking. As a test I turned off the firewall completely, whihc made no difference
The PC is using only one network interface. The NAS is only plugged into the 10g interface
The PC is running on a private network
There is no other operating system either on the PC hard drive or the NAS hard drives
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please connect the NAS to the PC directly to see if the TNAS PC can search for the device ip.
If it cannot work, please contact our tech team to check it remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)