NAS not connecting to PC after upgrade

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
JRS1911

NAS not connecting to PC after upgrade

Post by JRS1911 »

I have an F4-210 NAS, and took the recommended upgrade a few days ago. I cannot remember the version of the upgrade or the version running prior to the upgrade , but there was a comment not to use the upgrade for versions below a certain number and the previous version was above that number so I thought it would be safe. The upgrade seemed to progress normally, but when I went to use the device I was unable to connect to the TNAS PC app., and was not able to find the device on my PC. Likewise, even pinging the device failed. I have it connected directly to the PC and the LAN light is lit. Is there a way to do a factory reset without using the TNAS PC app? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
titanrx8

Re: NAS not connecting to PC after upgrade

Post by titanrx8 »

Try powering down and removing the disk drives. Power back on. Can you ping it with no drives installed?
JRS1911

Post by JRS1911 »

Thanks for the quick response. It still did not work.
Pinging 192.168.1.16 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.16:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

You can't get to the web desktop? Sounds like you need to reinstall TOS. Connect to your lan, remove the drives and power up. Download the full TOS install, not the update onto your PC and install manually. Don't let it reformat drives if you already have data on them.
JRS1911

Post by JRS1911 »

That worked. Back online with data intact. I am not sure how loading the TOS to the PC could connect to the NAS when nothing else could, but it is now working normally. Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”