F2-210 - Internet Disconnected

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
rankinc

F2-210 - Internet Disconnected

Post by rankinc »

Following advice regarding my high CPU usage I have since factory reset my my F2-210.

Once the reset was complete I followed the advice regarding the ransomware attack and changed the settings as advised in the post. However, my TNAS is now unable to connect to the internet and is constantly showing as being disconnected
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1751

Looking through the forum I have also ensured that my Primary and Secondary DNS settings have been inputted
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1752

However, I am unable to set the default gateway. Every time I tick this option, the screen takes a while to refresh and the icon remains unticked
download/file.php?mode=view&id=1753

I have tried resetting the device, change the IP address and nothing seems to work. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Default Gateway.png
Default Gateway.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
IPV4 Settings.png
Not Connected.png
crisisacting

Re: F2-210 - Internet Disconnected

Post by crisisacting »

Unless you actively use TNAS Mobile, the current state of disconnected is actually going to aid in the prevention of those attacks.

Otherwise, you'll likely need to reconfigure your network config through SSH to be able to retain them.

This thread has similar instructions: viewtopic.php?t=508
rankinc

Post by rankinc »

crisisacting wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 08:41 Unless you actively use TNAS Mobile, the current state of disconnected is actually going to aid in the prevention of those attacks.

Otherwise, you'll likely need to reconfigure your network config through SSH to be able to retain them.

This thread has similar instructions: viewtopic.php?t=508
So I'm unable to access my Plex media serves which is what I use the TNAS for. It just keeps telling my that the device is unreachable
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

The disconnected message refers to the Internet not the lan. Check your TOS firewall settings. You probably have settings enabled which are blocking all inbound connections. This is how I keep my settings 99% of the time. I only disable the Internet blocking to update TOS.
rankinc

Post by rankinc »

titanrx8 wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 00:36 The disconnected message refers to the Internet not the lan. Check your TOS firewall settings. You probably have settings enabled which are blocking all inbound connections. This is how I keep my settings 99% of the time. I only disable the Internet blocking to update TOS.
Firewall disabled, still the same. Logged out with firewall disabled and reconnected, nothing changes.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rankinc
Maybe the DNS configuration file is wrong. Please refer to the article for troubleshooting: viewtopic.php?t=508
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rankinc

Post by rankinc »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rankinc
TMSupport wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 10:26 Maybe the DNS configuration file is wrong. Please refer to the article for troubleshooting: viewtopic.php?t=508
The DNS was showing as 8.8.8.8 - I'm not an expert so I wasn't to confident in accessing SSH. The post you linked to literally made no sense to me as i have no idea what issues i could cause if i did something wrong. Anyway, it still disconnecting. All I wanted was basic plex server and i cannot access any of my media unless I disable the firewall on the machine.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rankinc

Please contact our tech team to help you troubleshoot the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rankinc

Post by rankinc »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rankinc
TMSupport wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 09:37 Please contact our tech team to help you troubleshoot the issue.
I have, and unfortunately they are not very helpful. they've informed me that the information posted about firewalls on this forum (regarding the ransomware thread) is incorrect and is a forbidden firewall rule, even though my NAS accepts it. They've just refused to answer my follow-up question when I posted that issue is still happening. I'm shocked at the level of technical expertise from Terramaster given personal information that people could keep on their NAS's. The whole experience is truly shocking.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Now your question is when you don't use the firewall is the network still not connected?
1. You can try to check whether the firewall is enabled on the router;
2. Insert another network port on the TNAS;
3. Insert another network port on the router;
4. Set the gateway and DNS to be the same as your computer;
5. Reinstall the system
6. Make an appointment with our technical team for a remote inspection.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)