Can't Access Web GUI

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't Access Web GUI

Post by TMSupport »

The TOS system cannot be accessed currently, so the system configuration cannot be backed up. The USB on the motherboard is an initboot system, and no backup is required.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RobJVM

Post by RobJVM »

I'm having this problem too.
I have the F2-221 2-bay NAS

So you tell us to close all these access points and change the default ports for security, then it's just "oh well"?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}RobJVM

what do you see when you access your web admin panel?
Please remember, if you changed your default port of HTTP or HTTPS, when you input the IP address or url in the browser address bar, the IP address need to be followed by ':new port number', for example, 192.168.1.115:8855
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RobJVM

Post by RobJVM »

This site can’t be reached
192.168.1.16 refused to connect.

Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I know it's running because the PLEX server is active.
I did change the port number, but I'd already been logged in earlier.

This came on after a restart.

I followed all the security protocols in your announcement to secure my NAS. There's no other way in than the web GUI.
RobJVM

Post by RobJVM »

I was able to resolve the problem.
I followed the instructions in this thread to reinitialize the TOS:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423

Specifically:
  • Method 2: If your TOS system encounters a malfunction and cannot work properly

1. Turn off your TNAS device;
    2. Remove all hard drives;
    3. Turn on your TNAS;
    4. Wait about two minutes, after the network light is on, insert your hard drives;
    5. Use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
    6. Select the device and click "Login"; Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.
After that I reinstalled PLEX and MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, I was back in business. All data there, everything like it was.
LexMark2100

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

So I followed the below steps as per your message:-
Method 2: If your TOS system encounters a malfunction and cannot work properly

1. Turn off your TNAS device;
2. Remove all hard drives;
3. Turn on your TNAS;
4. Wait about two minutes, after the network light is on, insert your hard drives;
5. Use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
6. Select the device and click "Login"; Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.
Although this fixed the problem (partially - see below) and I can get access to the Web GUI (partially - see below), I now have 3 other issues...

1) Since reinstalling the TOS, I have found that 4 times so far, I cannot access my SMB Shares on Windows 10. When I log into the Web GUI, it shows that SMB is turned off clearly when it's supposed to be turned on. It's like by magic it turns SMB off somehow. Manually turning on SMB by clicking on the check box in the Web GUI has no effect. I have to restart my NAS in order to restore the SMB functions and to be able to access my SMB Shares on Windows 10.

and...

2) The first 3 times Number 1 above happened, I could log into the Web GUI and restart the NAS. The last time Number 1 above happened, I was not able to access the Web GUI and I couldn't SSH into the NAS either. I had to manually turn the NAS off by pressing the Power Button, and turning it on from there too. Then... I was able to access my SMB Shares on Windows 10, and access the Web GUI.

and...

3) I want a simple Backup solution whereby I can backup ALL my Shares from the NAS to another WD NAS which doesn't require me to create several more Shares. I was told by TerraMaster Support to carry this out in order to set up Backups:-
  • Create my normal Shares on the TerraMaster NAS, e.g. "Media"
  • Create another Share on the TerraMaster NAS called something like "Media-Backup"
  • Create a Share on my WD NAS called "Media-Backup"
  • Remotely Mount the WD NAS Share called "Media-Backup" to the "Media-Backup" Share on the TerraMaster NAS
  • Set up RSync for backing up data from the "Media" Share on the TerraMaster Share to the "Media-Backup" Share on the TerraMaster NAS which in turn would backup to the WD NAS "Media-Backup" Share
Now my problem with this is that I cannot do this for EVERY single Share that I have. I have 10 different Shares on the TerraMaster NAS, and then I would have to create another 10 more Shares with those Share Names with the word "backup" in it. Then I would have to create the same 10 Shares on the WD NAS. Then I would have to mount the same 10 Shares from the WD NAS onto the TerraMaster NAS. Then I would have to create 10 RSYNC jobs for each of the different Shares to be backed up. This is a long and complicated set up and I cannot do this for every Share. Please provide me with a better solution.

====

To be honest, I have had nothing but problems with this product. Since I received this NAS, I have had issues with DNS and Gateways, installing Apps, backups from TerraMaster to WD NAS, Shares not working on Windows 10 due to the services being turned off magically on the TerraMaster NAS, AntiVirus software (ClamAV) not updating itself so old virus defs are not being updated, no access to the Web GUI for the TerraMaster NAS, no access via SSH to the TerraMaster NAS, I used the security article to lock down my NAS only to not be able to SSH into it to try and resolve the no access to the Web GUI issue, and a number of times I was told to rebuild the NAS by reinstalling the TOS... This is a huge list of problems and I am kinda regretting getting this NAS now.

What can I do to resolve these issues?

Please let me know.
Support is much appreciated!

Thanks,

LexMark2100 :)
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi, we haven't encountered the situation you're talking about, so we'll verify it. In addition to SMB, you can also transfer files through various file protocols such as FTP、WebDav, or copy the data of your nas to the U disk, and then transfer the data in the U disk.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
LexMark2100

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

When will you be able to provide me with a sufficient solution to the SMB issues?

Also, for the backups, my WD NAS doesn't support FTP or WebDAV. It only supports SMB and possibly NFS. Please investigate this and provide me with a good reliable solution. Please note that I am not able to backup any of my data on the TerraMaster NAS right now and I don't have any other backups being made of my current data on the TerraMaster NAS. This is why I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks.

Thanks,

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The issue of SMB auto-disabling is really confusing, you can contact our tech team for remote assistance.
LexMark2100

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

Can you not assist me here? I'm sure they may be others that come across the same problem.

Thanks,