Network dropping after update TOS 4.1.18

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
hexscyn

Network dropping after update TOS 4.1.18

Post by hexscyn »

After auto updating my F2-421 NAS I started to see continued loss of connectivity to the NAS. Then when trying to push files to my shares I started to receive the error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred. I've tried from 3 different systems and they all receive this same error when trying to transfer files. In troubleshooting I've tried switching NIC ports on both the router and the NAS, changed cables, switched routers, turned off Qos, turned off firewall service on the pc's and turned off anti-virus services as well to try and isolate the issue.

I'm looking to see if anyone else out here is experiencing the same issues after the most recent update.
powerQ

Re: Network dropping after update TOS 4.1.18

Post by powerQ »

Try to disable and enable again the SMB file service on control panel file service settings, and try again.
if you have set firewall rules on TNAS admin control panel, recheck your rules and make sure no rule going to block yourself from visiting your TNAS.
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Network dropping after update TOS 4.1.18

Post by TMSupport »

You can reinstall the TOS system to fix it, please see the instructions below:
Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Auto download and install TOS system (recommended)
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)