TNAS DNS Requests

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
LexMark2100

Re: TNAS DNS Requests

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

If we change the Gateway to something other than the subnet the NAS is on, wouldn't that disable internet access and therefore prevent any updates to the AntiVirus and updates for TOS?

Please confirm this for me?
Support is much appreciated!

Thanks,

LexMark2100 :)
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}LexMark2100

Hi! If the gateway is not on the same subnet as the TNAS IP, it will disable the network.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
LexMark2100

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

By blocking the Network by changing the Gateway to something other than the current Subnet, what would be the repercussions of doing this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

LexMark2100 wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 08:04
By blocking the Network by changing the Gateway to something other than the current Subnet, what would be the repercussions of doing this?
Hi! Doing this will not successfully connect to the Internet, then you will not be able to download apps, update online, etc. that require an Internet connection.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
LexMark2100

Post by LexMark2100 »

Hi,

Okay thanks for letting me know. This is exactly what I said earlier on in this thread.

Could you explain to me why the TerraMaster NAS makes DNS Requests to the BlackBerry Servers? Basically, what is the nature of these type of DNS Requests?

Thanks,

TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
The reason for sending the request is for the user to be able to use the tnas.online function of TOS. This request is to get the NAT type of the router used by the TNAS network, so that TOS can use tnas.online normally.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)