NAS cannot be found on network

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
techconfigheadache

NAS cannot be found on network

Post by techconfigheadache »

I have a TNAS F2-220 drive. I have had it several years, and it was working fine. After some home network updates (router replacements, etc.) the TNAS stopped working - the NAS is no longer findable on my network, i.e., I cannot discover it with the TNAS PC application.

With the device powered on, the power and LAN 1 lights are green. I tried rebooting several times. I also looked at some of the other posts in the forum and tried removing the drives and retrying. No luck finding the device in TNAS PC. I have the device connected via ethernet cable to a wifi extender. I tried connecting the TNAS directly to my computer (a MacBook) via ethernet cable, but that didn't work either (in this case, the LAN 1 light was not lit).

What additional things can I try to find the device?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: NAS cannot be found on network

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the article for troubleshooting:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2250
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
techconfigheadache

Post by techconfigheadache »

I went through the list of items and didn't find a solution.

Then, I found a clue about what the IP address may be for the TNAS device, and I was able to connect to it in a browser, using the IP address, Oddly, the IP address is within the network IP range of my network (192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254), but I cannot see it in my router's device list. It shows all my other connected devices, whether connected by ethernet or wifi, but it does not show the TNAS device, which is connected via ethernet. Yet, I can directly address the device in a browser, and connect to it - it brings up a Desktop TOS webpage view of the device. The device is not found by TNAS PC...

Any suggestions how to get the device back in a visual state to my router, and presumably then also to TNAS PC?

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is the firewall turned off?
Are the NAS and the computer in the same network segment?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

i think your Nas was in another IP-range before changing your router. Maybe a 10.0.0.x or seomething else.
You can download the Angry IP-Scanner https://angryip.org/ (free software) and scan several Ipranges and maybe you will refind your Nas.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

{L_BUTTON_AT}techconfigheadache

did you find any solution? Would be nice to know if some Posts helped...