Web Logout Successful! in logs

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
thejsn

Re: Web Logout Successful! in logs

Post by thejsn »

heartponycloud wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 20:46 Ya thats what I would assume too. But why is the log in from the IPs not also logged? Terra support any thoughts?
I agree. Shouldn't any successful logout correspond to a log-in that occurred earlier and originates from the same IP address? I can't see that on my end, which is why i started this thread. The only other thing that might make sense (other than a breach) is that a service with an external dependency hitting that external IP timed out.
heartponycloud

Post by heartponycloud »

As a quick test, I set one of computers to an IP outside of my firewall defined IP range and tried to log into the NAS. I couldn't even get to the log in page. Upon checking the logs I saw the attempt was listed as "Web Logout Successful!" with no "Log In Successful" listed. I then changed my IP back to a whitelisted IP and got to the log in page and then typed the wrong password several times just to see how that would be logged. Those attempts were logged as "Password is Error!" but also showed "Web Log Out Successful!".

SO I don't know, I guess this makes me feel slightly better but still not great I wish Terra Master support would clarify what these could mean.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Did you open tnas.online, ddns, web server, vpn, etc.? There should be a log of successful login in the log dozens of minutes before displaying "Web Log Out Successful!". When viewing the log, you can export the log to see the specific time and all the logs within a certain period of time.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)