Web Logout Successful! in logs

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
thejsn

Web Logout Successful! in logs

Post by thejsn »

Hi, I was going over system logs for my F2-210 and noticed "Web Logout Successful!" in the Event column. I don't see a corresponding log-in for the IP's that the event corresponds to so I was curious what it even means. Note that they're associated with IPs outside my home network so I'm doing some digging on the origins but curious about what the message is supposed to describe.

Any have any insights that would be helpful?

Thanks in advance!
titanrx8

Re: Web Logout Successful! in logs

Post by titanrx8 »

I get those from internal network addresses, sometimes with a visible login-logout pair, sometimes just the logout. I did recently find 2 from outside addresses, one in South Africa, one in China. The odd part is that the server has no apps other than what comes when TOS is installed.

I have to check my firewall logs to see what's going on.

I can't explain it either.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello
Do you mean the HTTP logs? Our system will be automatically logged out if it is not operated for a period of time. If not, please give us the screenshot to check it out.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thejsn

Post by thejsn »

Yes, it's an http log. See the attached example of the log entry. I looked up the IP and it was from a hosting service that's considered sketchy so my concern grows.

Is this an indication of an unsuccessful attempt to gain entry via a port?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 7.59.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 7.59.36 AM.png (6.58 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thejsn

Hi!
It just means that nas successfully logged out on the device with ip of 209.141.54... And the event of the last log should be "login system successful"
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
thejsn

Post by thejsn »

Thanks for the reply but I guess I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean.

Why would my nas log out with a specific unfamiliar IP if I (or anyone else) were never logged at that time? Also, As you can see, there's no user associated with that action and the port is foreign to me.

Would you happen to know what service uses that specific port since I've already accounted for the ports that I've either manually opened or are already associated with specific services/apps installed. There are other log entries with different IP's and ports with the same description so I want to make sure nothing funky is going on.

Thanks again!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please confirm that the IP is not you logging in. Set firewall rules and turn off remote access.
heartponycloud

Post by heartponycloud »

I also have seen these kinds of entries in my system logs. I have remote access turned off and have since finding the strange IPs created firewall rules to block them. But I'm still confused as to what the message "Web Logout Successful!" means. Did these IPs actually get into my nas? Or did they just attempt a connection?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

For me, a successfull logout means that they where in... to analysing try Wireshark on your Pc but you can scan you complete Network. Or install a Honeypot.
heartponycloud

Post by heartponycloud »

Ya thats what I would assume too. But why is the log in from the IPs not also logged? Terra support any thoughts?