Cannot access TOS locally only via IP address

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
tattoopup

Cannot access TOS locally only via IP address

Post by tattoopup »

Hi all

I hope there is an easy fix to this problem - I have an F5-221, the last few days I have been unable to access TOS by typing it's device name followed by it's port number like i used to be able to, i have to access it via it's IP or I get a message saying 'site cannot be reached <device>.local took too long to respond'.

I guess this is a network config issue/remote access issue somewhere but cannot work out where, can anyone give me any advice please (and thanks)?

Martin.
Hardfecx

Re: Cannot access TOS locally only via IP address

Post by Hardfecx »

Is your SMB and UPnP in TOS enabled?
Did you installed or modified something before that issue?
tattoopup

Post by tattoopup »

Hi - Yes, both are enabled.

I had an issue with the drives last week and had to backup, reformat and restore everything. Basically, after installing a new hard drive in bay 4, bays 1 & 2 suddenly had a raid error that I couldn't recover from. I had a chat with support over 2 days but they could not resolve the issue so suggested formatting and starting again. This maybe where the problem stems from though I am not 100% sure.

The other reason I know there is an issue is because Plex is stupidly slow, sometimes it connects to the NAS and sometimes it doesn't, I think it cannot find the localhost.

Martin.
tattoopup

Post by tattoopup »

I have figured it out.

I turned off SMB & UPnP, restarted the server - turned them both back on and it's working.

No idea what would cause that, but it's working now :D

Thanks for your help.

Martin.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

tattoopup wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 19:13 I have figured it out.

I turned off SMB & UPnP, restarted the server - turned them both back on and it's working.

No idea what would cause that, but it's working now :D

Thanks for your help.

Martin.
Happy that I could help you, but it wasn't really a help... Glad that's running again :)
tastsmith14

Cannot access on Mac via Finder

Post by tastsmith14 »

I'm having a similar issue.

I am unable to see my saved files under the file manager. In the past I had to connect to the server first in the "Finder" app. I am able to login into the TNAS PC and see the public files within the file manager but not my other files. For this I need to connect to the server. When I am logged into the terramaster local site on chrome I am able to backup with time machine but cannot connect to the server to see all my other files!

I had saved the password in my keychain access which did not actually even have a password it looks like. My recollection is that it did not have a password and username was admin. This is no longer working nor are any passwords I have ever used with my computer default username or with admin.

What steps can I take to figure out if the password was changed? I also tried the password I use to login to "TNAS PC" application but that does not work either.

In the finder application, I click on the "connect as" button below the TNAS server (mine is F4-220) and then it asks me to log in. I'm 99% sure I did not make a password for this ever and even tried all my previous passwords I've used for basically anything. I feel like this happened to me about a year ago too and eventually it logged in without using a password but this time it does not want to. I may have even logged in without a username AND password but it currently will not allow me to do that. A username is required.

I tried:
Connecting as a guest.
Connecting via "admin" username without a password.
Connecting via "admin" username with various passwords including the TNAS PC password that logs me in to backup with time machine.
Connecting using my computer's username and various passwords and no password.
Again, the password should be blank and the username "admin" yet this will not work. What do I do now?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}tastsmith14

what TOS version running on your TNAS?
please log in to your TOS web page control panel, change the password of the admin user, and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)