F2-210 - Unresponsive

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
aSystemOverload

Re: F2-210 - Unresponsive

Post by aSystemOverload »

Just looked at a youtube video and seen that is exactly you take it apart, so I'll check it out. Does anyone know the specs for the OS USB Stick/Port? In the video he took out a 8GB SanDisk, don't know if it's USB 2/3 though.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your device boots correctly, so the initboot in your USB drive is fine, don't make another USB that just waste your time.

if your old drive can work no problem for long time, then it is time you need to consider replacing a new drive. your current drive may be fine for storage some files but not for running a system.

so please confirm if your old drive can work for long time without problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
aSystemOverload

Sorry, was under the impression from what others said that TOS was installed on the USB Stick. Seems that has not happened.
So how am I supposed to install TOS without wiping my 16TB HDD?!?!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Nope, you need to install the system with another drive, and keep it running for one or two days. this will help to verify if your 16TB drive or the TNAS device fails. if the same thing happen to another drive too, then you can write an email to our service team and ask for an RMA service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
aSystemOverload

It won't prove anything. As from what I'd read, I had made the pre/assumption that TOS was installed on the USB Stick. I'd installed it on a 250GB Barracuda, then once installed, I'd swapped that out for the 16TB. If TOS was on the 250GB that could have caused subsequent failures.

I've now got both in, with TOS installed on the 250GB, but it doesn't explain the first failure after TOS had been installed on the 16TB. I won't be using the NAS for redundancy and will be building my own solution over the next few months. I need complete control over my data and it's integrity which your product just doesn't provide.

For now, I just need to keep the 16TB accessible until I have that alternative available.

Thanks all other users for contributing to this thread.
aSystemOverload

Well since my last post, the F2-210 has frozen four more times. It currently has a 250GB Barracuda (MAIN) along with the additional 16TB drive.
On a hard power-off and re-start it recovered in all but the last (just now) time.
It is really frustrating, not being able to get any kind of reliability from a device which is supposed to be all about secure data.
aSystemOverload

aSystemOverload wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 04:00 Well since my last post, the F2-210 has frozen four more times. It currently has a 250GB Barracuda (MAIN) along with the additional 16TB drive.
On a hard power-off and re-start it recovered in all but the last (just now) time.
It is really frustrating, not being able to get any kind of reliability from a device which is supposed to be all about secure data.
My bad, it did recover this time too. Forgot to hit power-on after I ripped the power cable out and put it back in. LOL. But still, not happy with the product at all!!!