Improving online transfer speed

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Nep72

Improving online transfer speed

Post by Nep72 »

Hello,

I'm using my F2-210 v4.2.15 with 2 x 2Tb hard drives in "image" mode, and I'm testing now online capabilities. Unfortunately speed drops drastically, even using 1Gb connection everywhere - I'm uploading a file right now, and transfer speed is 86Kb/s. I found reason for this in the forum:
TMory wrote:

Hi, TNAS.online is a free service which offers very basic remote access for TNAS users, the bandwidth for each user is limited,in traffic jams, the speed may be very slow. If you like a faster remote speed, you may need to choose a static internet IP address for your TNAS or use the DDNS pay service.
(...)
Sianderson wrote:

if you are just trying to access files on the nas drive you could look at setting up the FTP server (securely), this then bypasses any TNAS server and should utilise 100% of your available bandwidth and allow you to transfer files backwards and forwards (you can even "add a network location" in windows explorer so it looks similar to a network drive)
So,if I want to improve online speed, the best way is to use a secure FTP server. OK, I'm not a computer expert, bu I'd like to try. Is there a location where this is explained? I've nott been able to find it in this forum. Thanks.

Narcís (Nep72)
TMA

Re: Improving online transfer speed

Post by TMA »

Hello,Please refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1133&p=5686#p5686 to change the connection method.
Nep72

Post by Nep72 »

Thanks! I wasn't able to find it.
oliver07

Post by oliver07 »

TMA wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 18:18 Hello,Please refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1133&p=5686#p5686 to change the connection method.
The link which you have given is not opening can you please post that again I think if it is from my fault then you van ignore.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oliver07
Hi! If you can't open this link, you can try to search "How to set FTP remote access?" in the search bar.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Maikik

Post by Maikik »

I personally think "How to set FTP remote access? This is the main problem m facing,