Cannont connect to NAS via LAN only WLAN

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
laudern

Cannont connect to NAS via LAN only WLAN

Post by laudern »

Hi,

I just purchased an F2-221 and am still in the setup phase. I can connect to the NAS when my laptop is connected to the same network via wifi, but I cannot connect to the NAS when my laptop is connected via LAN (cable). Does anyone have any suggestions why?
TMAY

Re: Cannont connect to NAS via LAN only WLAN

Post by TMAY »

Hi,
Window has set different network configurations and firewall policies for different networks. It is recommended that you go to Control Panel-Network and Internet-Network and Sharing Center-Advanced Sharing Settings to change the network configuration, or under the current network configuration, open the firewall and cancel the right Limitations of TNAS PC
laudern

Post by laudern »

Hi thanks for the reply. I have 2 computers connected via ethernet to the router. One is a Mac and the other is a win10 machine. The win10 machine can see the NAS when using the wired connection and when using wifi. The Mac can only see the NAS when using wifi. It cannot see the NAS when connected to the router via cable. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can go about fixing this?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}laudern
Hi, Have you checked the firewall of your Mac? When you use a cable connection, can you directly use the TNAS IP to access TNAS on the browser? You can check whether the IP assigned when the computer uses cable or Wi-Fi are in the same network segment. TNAS PC cannot find TNAS: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=430
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)