Access other network shares within TOS

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
darkuni

Re: Access other network shares within TOS

Post by darkuni »

Also, I cannot access the drives. The user account admin no longer appears to work. I cannot get to my data at this time either.
darkuni

Post by darkuni »

I used the tactic of pulling out all the drives, installing one and doing a full reinstall of TOS that way.

Once I was back into the OS, I popped the other three drives back in. Rebooted. File check was done (this time it didn't crash out with that error).

I appear to be 100% online and functional now.

I'll go back to my original mounting quest. :)
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, you can refer to the following method to reinstall:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
Please select a suitable TOS system for installation according to initboot:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=921
Hope to help you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

darkuni wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 22:26 I appear to be 100% online and functional now.

I'll go back to my original mounting quest. :)
Good job!

In TOS Control Panel, the option to mount the remote media folders (those held in your other NAS/pc) should now be available (assuming you have upgraded to a version which has the option). If so, go ahead :)

You could then add the mounted remote folder as a media source to your Plex Media Server running inside TOS.

(This is what I meant by "Similarly, you should be able to add your media in the other NAS/network shares to your TOS-hosted Plex Media Server" in my first reply)
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
darkuni

Post by darkuni »

Weird. After setting that up, and setting up Plex. I got the "four red lights of death" on my NAS. I had to jerk the drives out and do the install again.

Very strange. I may abort the Plex plans. I can't have the NAS down. :(
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Do you mean that the TNAS can be used normally before the plex is set up, and the hard drive lights all turn red after setting up? Then after stopping the plex, TNAS can be used normally again? Perhaps you can describe your problem in detail. By the way, which TOS version do you use currently?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)