SSH to F2-221

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
seb59494

SSH to F2-221

Post by seb59494 »

I'm trying to SSH on my new F2-221. I have TOS 2.14 running.
Each time I try to connect to my NAS I have a "access denied" error message.

+ SHH is enabled on port 9222
+ I use an account with admin privilege
+ I did not see any SSH related chekbox on the user panel, so I assume all the users can use SSH ? I have a serious doubt with this because I saw in the doc http://help.terra-master.com/TOS/view/? ... /flag/user that it was required to activate a checkbox to enable SSH. But I do not see any checkbox in my version.
+ The official video from TerraMaster about SSH is not available (https://www.terra-master.com/global/video-guide/)

Do you have any guideline on how to enable SSH on a F2-221 with TOS 2.14 ?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: SSH to F2-221

Post by TMroy »

To enable the SSH access, go to TOS control panel > network Services > terminal.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Only the default administrator is allowed to SSH access your TNAS. Other users including the users who are in administrator’s group could not SSH access your TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
glelostec

Post by glelostec »

Hello,

Is this a change in policy? In the documentation it says that you can enable ssh access for a user (http://help.terra-master.com/TOS/view/? ... /flag/user), except this is not possible on the new operating system. (As visible in the screenshot). This is blocking when synchronizing via rsync between a terramaster and another nas. I do not plan to give admin access to other nas to synchronize the data. It is imperative to be able to give ssh rights to a user whose rights you have mastered.
Desktop-TOS.png
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Our policy has changed. You can only log in as the super administrator user set when installing the system, and then use the

Code: Select all

sudo -i
command to switch to the root user
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)