smb folder access

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
jazmayer1980

smb folder access

Post by jazmayer1980 »

hi, I am having an issue with SMB folders, I can access it through my windows laptops, however, anytime the server restart (I have it automatic daily) I am not able to access the folders from my windows laptops, and I get password error.

I am still able to access through the web base with the same password.

I can access again when I change the TNAS account password.

Could you please let me know how to solve this?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: smb folder access

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your TNAS model number and current TOS version.
Did you check "Remember my credentials" ?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jazmayer1980

Post by jazmayer1980 »

thank you for the reply. yes checked the remember password it does not work, also I tried to uncheck it too it does not work, I have to reset the password on the tnas to be able to access the folders again. This happen in multiple laptops.

Tnas F5-221
software is 4.2.09-2101251735
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is there any special characters in your login password?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jazmayer1980

Post by jazmayer1980 »

no special characters, just a capital letter and numbers. I tried passwords with special characters too and it is the same issue, anytime it restarts I am not able to access the folders until I reset the password.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

That's weird. So the password should be reset every time you tried to SMB access your TNAS? Is it ok to let our have a remote session to check it?
jazmayer1980

Post by jazmayer1980 »

yes, you can have remote access, how and when?

The password does not reset automatically. I have to reset it manually to be able to access again through the smb folder, I can access the webbase with the same password but not smb, I have to reset it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Is the issue similar to this one? You can reinstall the TOS to see whether it's ok. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2202
jazmayer1980

Post by jazmayer1980 »

thank you for the support, yes it is the same issue as the previous post, but I was able to solve it by doing a rest to the system configuration, and it works fine since then. Thank you