How to achieve "get public link" for files on the NAS?

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
filipluch

How to achieve "get public link" for files on the NAS?

Post by filipluch »

So I have specific huge files/folders I want to share only to those with the link. As I understand I need to
1. run a service on terramaster that can serve these files on specific port or URL
2. forward public port to internal port/ip
3. link URL to my public IP

I am not seeing anything that would allow me to achieve that: only remote access through terramaster but that won't help with sharing specific files/folders. Does anyone know how to achieve that?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to achieve "get public link" for files on the NAS?

Post by TMS »

You can right-click the file/folder in the file management to share, make sure that the front part of the link is a remote link (for transmission via TNAS.online, please use xxxxxx.tnas.link; for transmission via Internet IP, please use network ip+port or domain name+port ).
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
filipluch

Post by filipluch »

Thank you, yeah first option helps. How do I do it with my own domain? if I can host websites on a NAS, I want to be able to do nas.myowndomain.com or the no IP domain. I setup my no-IP, forwarded the port but I still can't see myself through canyouseeme. How do you guys set up with custom domain?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

filipluch wrote: 24 May 2021, 03:34 I setup my no-IP, forwarded the port but I still can't see myself through canyouseeme.
Can't understand "canyouseeme", can you take a screenshot to illustrate?
Can you access TNAS with a domain name and port?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Return to “Network & Remote Access”