f2-210 loosing internet connection

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
scoobyfizz

f2-210 loosing internet connection

Post by scoobyfizz »

I have posted this elsewhere where someone is loosing connection on their f2-221 I think but I am loosing internet connection on my f2-210 -

I have tried -

settings to DHCP from fixed IP address and back again with reboots - no effect
new network cable
cable straight to rooter instead of my unmanaged switch
rebooting router

When I reboot it is fine for a few minutes and I am able to download and install apps and then after a couple of minutes it goes to disconnected

F2-210 running 4.2.08-21011111540-p1.06

This may have only happened since installing the patch recently.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: f2-210 loosing internet connection

Post by sianderson »

this probably isnt helpful but i dont seem to have that problem with my F2-210 with the latest version and patch

in the early days i did have this and they advised a fixed IP and that solved it, but its DHCP now without any issues so im not sure whether it is more so to do with your DNS server that some how the unit cant verify its internet connection,

does the unit drop off the network also or is it just internet flag? it would be useful for TM to describe how the unit determines if it has internet i.e is it a ping an host name and if it gets a response then it must be on the internet etc? in which case could it be your router / internet connection is blocking it?
F2-210

scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Nope does not drop off the network it loses internet connection ability. I reinstalled TOS (no patch) and was working until I reloaded my settings which I had saved before my backup. So I reinstalled TOS again and loaded settings from prior to the patch and this works!!!!!

interstingly it said connected () rather than the conected(xx.xx.xx.xx) also interstingly on resintalling the TOS the device name has also changed which has messed up my mappings to it from my pc's :-(

Somewhere along the line I think the settings have been messed up in the background. back up and running ok now though but very odd as all I have done in the last few months is install the patch..
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Just as an addendum...

When I reinstalled TOS I did not update to the patch. This worked
Imported settings prior to TOS reinstall - Messed up
Reinstalled TOS / Reinstalled patch and set up from scratch all ok.
Reinstalled TOS / Reinstalled patch and set up from setting saved before patch install, all ok too...

So the only thing I can conclude is that the patch install messed something up. I dunno what but reinstalling TOS was simple. I must remember to regularly back up TOS settings in a timed backup some how?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

To connect the NAS to internet, please do as follows:
Go to TOS Control Panel – Network Services – Network – Network Interface – Click on LAN 1 and click on Edit – choose Use network settings below
Please set the IP address according to these of your computer. The 1st 3 digits (below is 10.18.8) should be the same as these of your computer. The 4th digit (below is 102) should be the one that is not occupied by others.
“Subnet mask” and “Default gateway” should be the same as these of your computer’s.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

TMSupport wrote: 08 May 2021, 10:16 To connect the NAS to internet, please do as follows:
Go to TOS Control Panel – Network Services – Network – Network Interface – Click on LAN 1 and click on Edit – choose Use network settings below
Please set the IP address according to these of your computer. The 1st 3 digits (below is 10.18.8) should be the same as these of your computer. The 4th digit (below is 102) should be the one that is not occupied by others.
“Subnet mask” and “Default gateway” should be the same as these of your computer’s.
It would be helpful if you read what I had done prior to posting about setting the IP to fixed in the network services...

I did this before reinstalling TOS it did not work.. it would connect for a few minutes then disconnect (but it showed connected ()) with no ip address. I did completely reconfigure the network set up again and it still did not work. I do know how to set it to fixed IP address..

It was working fine then stopped around the time I installed the patch.

I reinstalled TOS and it was fine after setting to fixed IP.

Then re-installed my settings from prior to the TOS re-install and it stopped working even after resetting the network properties.. I can only conclude the settings got corrupted by the patch install.

I then reinstalled TOS and applied settings prior to the patch I had backed up. These worked fine.

After reinstalling TOS for a third time and applying the patch then setting to fixed IP it worked fine.

So it is working fine now but required a clean TOS update and patch install and then reconfiguring to get it to work again.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise whether it's ok to let the engineer to check it remotely. Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
StogieC

Post by StogieC »

I'm having the same issue with my F4-210. TOS 4.2.12 didn't help.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}StogieC

Did you try the instructions here?
To connect the NAS to internet, please do as follows:
StogieC

Post by StogieC »

I've setup static IP and with either Static IP or DHCP it's actually staying online as long as I don't try sending large files to the NAS. It goes offline during sustained writes across the LAN. (100 GB files).