f2-210 loosing internet connection

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: f2-210 loosing internet connection

Post by TMroy »

May I know what file system and what kind drive in your TNAS? we have learned from many cases, it probably not because of your network settings, instead, you are using a unhealthy hard drive. try to replace a drive and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
StogieC

Post by StogieC »

I have two identical F4-210 setups that are working great. The ping packet loss is what got my attention, and sustained writes to the drives work fine when I write from a USB drive connected directly to the unit. If this was a disk problem, writing from the USB would yield the same results as writing from the network.
StogieC wrote: 13 May 2021, 23:46
Screenshot 2021-05-13 114002.png
Screenshot 2021-05-13 114157.png
StogieC

Post by StogieC »

Screenshots of the drive type and file system here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1879&start=10#p10324

WD drives, btrfs. SMART tests and bad block scans all pass.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Well, another case about WD white lable drive. I am not sure if your case is related to this white lable drive, but we have bad experience about this kind of drives.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1271&p=6433&hilit= ... able#p6433

As I am not able to provide you a solution, I don't know what really happened to your device. if you can, try to remove your four drives, then install another drive(just one is good enough) , and reinstall TOS to verify if there is network settings ptoblem somewhere.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
StogieC

Post by StogieC »

If you took the time to read these posts it is clear that this is not a hard drive issue... Can we focus on why the NIC is crashing on one of my three identically setup F4-210 systems?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Would you like a remote session from our engineer? To do that, you can write an email to our tech team.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

TMroy wrote: 23 May 2021, 00:08 Well, another case about WD white lable drive. I am not sure if your case is related to this white lable drive, but we have bad experience about this kind of drives.
Please will you raise this to your higher managment at terramaster, 90% of all the issues that seem to be reported you claim its to do with the users hard drives that cause the units to crash, please will you consider putting in your own boot drives so that users hardrives are only ever data drives, therefore can not crash the nas unit if they are "not suitable" ones that are used, you will find once you do this you will have substantially less support issues and a happier user base of your products
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sianderson
Thank you for your advice. I will pass it to the product team and tech guys.