Which bond settings should I use?

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
MattxMercy

Which bond settings should I use?

Post by MattxMercy »

Hey, I'm trying to use my F5-211 with my Archer AX3000 router, in order to stream mostly 4k movies, at home, potentially to multiple screens.

I had this set up correctly before, so I know it's possible, I just forgot to write down my settings before factory resetting my NAS because the system wouldn't let me delete the volume/storage pool to start over.

Anyway, I'm trying to get the correct settings to use both LAN ports to their full capacity.

the Archer AX3000 says it supports Static Link Aggregation, and I have enabled the 2 correct LAN ports on my router. I presume I should make a bond, so I if I should click bond - which setting do I use?

- Self-adapting load balance
- IEEE 802.3ad dynamic link aggregation
- Balance XOR
- Active/Standby

Thank you in advance.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Which bond settings should I use?

Post by TMSupport »

It's suggested to choose the first one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MattxMercy

Post by MattxMercy »

Ok, I just tried that setting, but the internet connection goes in and out and even when it is in, it moves extremely slow. I am currently upgrading my RAID from 1 to 5, but I don't think it's even this slow when it's not upgrading it. Like, the control panel or app store won't even load half the time, I get timeout errors.

EDIT: I disconnected the second LAN cable and now it's moving just fine, so Adaptive Load Balancing wasn't it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What did you set on the Router? It doesn't have to set on the Router.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MattxMercy

Post by MattxMercy »

So I cycled through the options on the NAS and the only one that seemed to work with my current router settings was Dynamic Link Integration... Which is a bit confusing because my router says it only supports Static Link Integration.

Here are the settings for Link Aggregation on my router. I haven't seen anything else on any of the settings pertaining to it, and with it enabled, the router treats my NAS like one device instead of two. I don't see how disabling it would be any better:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pAM2G6 ... sp=sharing
nikki

Post by nikki »

i have this one IEEE 802.3ad dynamic link aggregation