Slow transfer rates on local Network

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Cr4sh

Slow transfer rates on local Network

Post by Cr4sh »

I there
First of all Congratulations for the forum organization.
I have an F2-210 with the last firmware installed TOS 4.2.08, and when i try to transfer data (text, videos, etc) from my local PC to the F2-210 the maximum transfer rate is about 10MB/s, can someone tell me if its normal to have this low speeds since im using only my LAN?

I have been reading about transfer rates with the same F2-210 about 50...100 Mb/s, is there an internal configuration or even in my router like open ports or something to alow beter transfer rates?

My network configuration is:
I have the F2-210 connected directly to the router (4G router) by the lan port 10/100Mbs by a utp cable cat5e, and all my pcs (laptop and PC) are connected by wifi to the router.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me.

Compliments
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Slow transfer rates on local Network

Post by TMzethar »

Hi.
The limit is probably your router.
Theoretically 1MB/s=8Mbps=8Mb/s。
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cr4sh

Post by Cr4sh »

I there

Thanks for your repply.
I have an Huawei B310s-22 (4G modem router) and even i can get 20/40 Mb/s of speed trough the internet, but in my lan I cant get higher speeds?

Compliments
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

If you can't find out what's wrong, try contacting technical support to troubleshoot it remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tmt_baits

Post by tmt_baits »

when you say you have a router with 10/100 ports, that is where your limit lies - a quick search gave that the Huwaei Router speed limit is 150Mb (wireless 'channel n' I think) that's where you are getting up to 20-30 mb download speeds... but in this case, within the network itself your limitation is the 10/100 ports on your router giving you a max possible speed of 8m per sec which technically it's at it's max! upgrade your internal router and you will see increase... but to your point, I on the other hand do have a 1GB connection and my speeds are being capped around 60 to 67mb transfer to the NAS... so yeah this NAS has issues...
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

I am experiencing similar to lower speeds of 10mbs as well on my F2-220. My internet router is a Sky Q hub (probably a 10/100) to which I have connected 5 wireless mesh Tenda Nova MW6 units to (i get about 75MBs D and 20MBs U in the whole house wirelessly). The MW6 units all have a 1 gigabit port, to which the nas drive is connected to one these via a gigabit port switch. Yet the speeds I get wirelessly is like on average 1 to 6mbs when transferring to the nas drive.

Iv never had a nas drive before so thought maybe the speeds im getting are normal. I have not tried the speed of the computer connected to the same gigabit port switch which is connected to the nas drive yet, but will try this and report back.

Look forward to hearing if one has any suggestions to speed up transfer rates on the lan in my setup.

Thanks in advance. Cheers Neil
Neilpm

Post by Neilpm »

Ok so after testing my main pc which is hardwired to the same gigabit switch as the nas drive i can confirm i am getting rapid speeds of 90 to 102 MB/s on file transfers. So its just the wireless speeds which are very slow.