SMB v1 support

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
matt_30

SMB v1 support

Post by matt_30 »

Is SMB v1 supported?

I am trying to move my data from an old NAS on my network over to my new TerraMaster Nas and the TerraMaster NAS can not seam to mount via SMB
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: SMB v1 support

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Support SMB v1, but the default SMB 3, did not understand the last sentence "the TerraMaster NAS can not seam to mount via SMB"
if old NAS and new TerraMaster Nas are the same model,you can put the disk into the new NAS.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Hi TMS,

Thanks for the reply, I have an old Seagate NAS I have been using for many years which only supports SMB.

I have plugged both devices into the same managed switch. When I tried to perform an SMB mount on the TerraMaster it could not find the SMB share on the old Seagate NAS when I tried to mount the Seagate NAS in the GUI (Screenshot attached).

Do I need to enable SMB1 anywhere?

Kind Regards,
Matt.
Attachments
2021-02-06 14_26_50-Desktop - TOS.png
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi Matt,
You can try to enable SMB access permissions and read-write permissions for the old NAS mounted file .
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Hi TMS,

Permissions on the old NASare fine. It is accessible everywhere but on the TerraMaster however mounting fails.

You have said that SMB v1 is supported but is it disabled by default?

Kind Regards,
Matt.
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Upon further investigation i can not see any sign of mount.cifs. Is this correct?

[root@TNAS-7702 Media]# ls /sbin/mount.*
/sbin/mount.ecryptfs /sbin/mount.ecryptfs_private /sbin/mount.lowntfs-3g /sbin/mount.nfs /sbin/mount.nfs4 /sbin/mount.ntfs-3g
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

matt_30 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 20:38 I am trying to move my data from an old NAS on my network over to my new TerraMaster Nas
Hi,
You can use SMB copy and Rsync backup.
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

I will look for those apps on the store but have found that smbmount is missing too.

Can you confrim how TerraMasters perform SMB/CIFS mounts?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}matt_30
Hi, In the local area network, the shared folder can be mounted using SMB. You need to enable the SMB file service of the TNAS according to the following figure, and then log in to the new NAS to mount it. After mounting the shared folder in the old TNAS, you can copy the data to the shared folder created on the new TNAS hard disk.
smb.png
smbsmb.png
In addition, you can log in to the new TNAS to enable the Rsync service, and then log in to the old TNAS to use Rsync Backup to directly back up data to the new TNAS
rsync.png
backu.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Hi Ryan,

SNB was enabled prior to posting. The earlier screenshot shows that what you are asking me to do is not working. Every device on my network can connect to the old NAS apart from this one. I can find no evidence of mount.cifs or smbmount on the bash console. Connections fail when I try to mount in the GUI as suggested.

Can you please confirm where the above mentioned files are on the TerraMaster?

Rsync is not applicable here.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”