100Mb/s connection status on real 1000Mb/s connection

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
reflexux

100Mb/s connection status on real 1000Mb/s connection

Post by reflexux »

Hello everyone.
Just bought my first NAS, the F4-210, connected it to my network and was transferring files at full speed until I turned it off for the night.
The next day I turned it on again and since then the bandwidth has been limited to 100Mb/s, with the Network Status showing: "100Mb/s, - ,1500".
I tried swapping the connection to the router with another device and it remained the same (the other device - my laptop - is connected with the full 1000Mb/s, getting my full internet speed of 500Mb/s on both connections).
Is there some setting I have to set to get the full bandwidth?
Thank you all for the help and sorry about any misspellings and bad grammar.
reflexux

Re: 100Mb/s connection status on real 1000Mb/s connection

Post by reflexux »

Hi all.
Just changed another cable and the issue fixed it self, it appears that my laptop the NAS is more sensible than the laptop about its cables.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}reflexux
Did you use the original LAN cable which came with your TNAS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tmt_baits

Post by tmt_baits »

I did use the original cable that came with the NAS, and I'm seeing the connection drop every 15 seconds. is there a way to set the connection to instead of auto-detect to 1000 full? (i tried with ifconfig media) and no matter the syntax I tried I kept on getting the error message:

ifconfig: bad address 'media'
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}tmt_baits
Hi, Can you try to install other versions of the system? How to re-install your TOS: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423 If it still does not work, there may be a hardware problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

tmt_baits wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 04:19 I did use the original cable that came with the NAS, and I'm seeing the connection drop every 15 seconds. is there a way to set the connection to instead of auto-detect to 1000 full? (i tried with ifconfig media) and no matter the syntax I tried I kept on getting the error message:

ifconfig: bad address 'media'
to be honest it does sound like a dodgy cable / connection to your router, even if you do manage to set it to 1000 full on a dodgy cable it wont give you the speed, simple option is to just try with another cable and see if it does pick it up, also are you able to plug in a laptop or something with that cable where it is to prove that that will connect at 1gb
F2-210