Nearly complete failure

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
jlfish

Nearly complete failure

Post by jlfish »

Hello, I am using a Terra Master F2-210 with two Western Digital "Blue" 1TB SSD. It is connected to an Orbi router. I am trying to control from a 2017 iMac running High Sierra (10.13.6). I have had the unit for less than 30 days.

When I originally set up and followed initialization procedure, everything worked fine. I mounted the drive and began adding content. A day or two ago, the icon for the drive disappeared off my desktop and it could not be remounted. The only way to shut it down/reboot was to remove power. When it restarts, the HDD lights both flash and go green, along with the power and network lights. At the end of the restart process, a single tone is heard.

In addition to the failure to remount, the onboard control panel is neither accessible via HTTP nor the TNAS PC app (downloaded from App Store).

I'm assuming this is a bad unit that should be replaced under warranty, but will gladly try anything you recommend for recovery first.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Nearly complete failure

Post by TMroy »

This issue can be fixed by software update.
plesse follow the instruction here viewtopic.php?f=75&t=696

If it doesn't work for you, please write an email to our tech team and ask for help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jlfish

Post by jlfish »

Thank you for your prompt reply. How am I to tell if my unit is 1G or 2G? As noted, model is F2-210. S/N, if that helps, is 190700257. No other indicators of generation that I can see ...
jlfish

Post by jlfish »

This is getting rather frustrating. First, if I have failed to make myself clear I am sorry, but I can not log in to the unit at all, either by IP/browser or TNAS PC. So, I can not see that screen in my unit.

I did give you model and serial number. Presumably, you know what you put in the device before I got it. If not, then I guess I need to start an RMA with the vendor.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

if you pull the hard drives out of the unit, and then power it up, you should be able to access the web page and it will ask you to put the drives in

I would do this just to verify your network and unit is working as expected
F2-210

jlfish

Post by jlfish »

No connection. And, surely there is a better way to shut down than pulling the power cord out? If I press the power button, I just get a howling alarm.

Honestly, you've tried very hard to help. But I'm pretty sure I've got a lemon. I'd rather go back to the reseller and get one that definitely works than risk this being a failure down the road -- especially post-warranty.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

jlfish wrote: 17 Jan 2021, 08:27 If I press the power button, I just get a howling alarm.
Hi,F2-210 is 1G.
Just press the power button and it will emit howling alarm? Can you take a video to show us?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Return to “Initialization”