Can't see any Applications

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't see any Applications

Post by TMSupport »

Please go to TOS Control panel - network services - network interface, check your LAN, and click Edit, and modify the digits of DNS to 8.8.8.8 to see whether it's ok.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Spaniard

Post by Spaniard »

You should better update your NAS to 4.2.07 immediately as the version you are running has a severe vulnerability that made quite a few people loss their data due to a ransom attack (search on the forum).

Hard to believe the support team has not told you to update it yet :shock: .
peakz

Post by peakz »

Wild! When I run the updater in TOS, it says 4.1.30 is fully up to date! I'm kind of shocked by your comment. Do I have to enable beta to get 4.2.x?
peakz

Post by peakz »

OK so I have updated to 4.2.07 and have put in 8.8.8.8 no change in behavior

again, I can confirm ping to app.terra-master.com and its resolved IP. tcpdump shows handshaking is happening, although because it is in ssl, I am not decrypting packets at this time.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Then you should check the setting of the router there.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
peakz

Post by peakz »

Y'all really suck at this. Do you really think I didn't check the router? Stop with the one step replies and share something actually useful.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}peakz
There is not such issue as your happened before, we have to troubleshoot step by step. From our experience, the app center page failed to load normally due to inproper network settings. If you like you can write an email to our tech team, we can have a remote session and check for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
peakz

Post by peakz »

Fair enough, but "you should check the settings at the router" is not actually a useful step.

A proper reply should be in the form of:

Can you confirm your router is set to allow the NAS to access the following IP address, and has settings a,b, and c configured. Depending on your router model this could a slightly different process. Please go to your router documentation and look for the following settings.

See the difference? If y'all start replying to issues in your hosted forums like that it will create a much more useful knowledge base that would reduce individual support tickets.

Your welcome for doing your job for you.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm having exactly the same problem. The system is a new F5-221 with a clean install of TOS 4.2.08. One disk (Seagate Ironwolf 8T), formatted btrfs with a single volume. The NAS reports a good connection to the internet, can be accessed from different systems locally, and is functioning normally with the exception of the applications, which do not appear. When I click on the applications icon on the TOS desktop, a window opens, a circle spins, indicating some activity, then nothing.

I have already tried a complete reinstall of TOS - no effect.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Lee
Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team .
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”