OpenVpn issue

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
adamantisolas

OpenVpn issue

Post by adamantisolas »

Hello,

I have a terramaster F5-420, and I managed to successfully install and configure OpenVPN on it. I can successfully connect to the network using openvpn however there is only one problem, I cannot reach the NAS itself(ping, http don't work), I can reach other devices on my LAN. Hence I cannot access the NAS through vpn.(my TOS version is 4.2.7). Any help would be appreciated.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: OpenVpn issue

Post by TMSupport »

Please show us the dynamic IP generated on your TNAS like the following picture shows:
OpenVPN.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
adamantisolas

Post by adamantisolas »

Here you go:
vpnconfig.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

So did you remotely access your TNAS using this IP address?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jurendes

Post by jurendes »

Hi, my device is a F2-220 and I have got a similiar, or the same issue.

I can connect the Openvpn succesfully but i cannot access NAS through the local IP adress, it's only possible through the Openvpn server one.

In my local net:
(NAS) URENAX - 192.168.0.90
(SMB SERVER) URENUX - 192.168.0.20

Once Openvpn client is connected:
(NAS) URENAX - 172.10.11.1

And see the tracert command result i've attached. URENUX is accessible both local and openvpn server, but not the NAS.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
Screen Tracert.JPG
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Can the dynamic IP of the OpenVpn server access TNAS?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
jurendes

Post by jurendes »

Hi, sorry i'm not sure about the question. I understand that the dynamic IP for my TNAS when accessing from outside is the WAN one. and for this, i've settled a new rule port 8181, i've tried it and it works from the internet. I mean, accesing form internet works fine http://MiPublicIPonServerLocation:8181

Otherwise, once connected the OpenVpn client, the TNAS access is possible using the adress given for the OpenVPN Sever, in this case: \\172.10.11.1, but not through the local adress (or name) \\192.168.0.90 - \\URENAX

But, i've just realiced that after doing a ping to another device in the local net with its local adress ex. "ping 192.168.0.20" (or ping the router in the local net: 192.168.0.1) and after using a TRACERT command "TRACERT 192.168.0.20" it begins to work propertly, but only last 10-15 minutes (aprox.)

So, after using the TRACERT command it begins to work properly for a while.

Hope you can help.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @