inadmissible : F4-210 SMB access failed !!!!

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
mpicollet

inadmissible : F4-210 SMB access failed !!!!

Post by mpicollet »

Hello

I just bought the F4-210 model. After installing and configuring the NAS, it is not possible to connect to it using Windows Explorer (Windows 10 20H2). However, I have successfully mounted a network drive using the following command "Net Use * \\<DHCP ip address>\<folder> /user:<User> <password>". But when I restart my PC, the network drive is not restored.

SMBv1 : OK (Microsoft has deprecated version 1 for the SMB protocol)
Windows Authentification : Cleaned up
Firewall active or not : same effect
TOS version : 4.1.32 (Last version) Restored
TNAS-PC Browser : Ok (But unable to access NAS drives)
Network : Same network segment (WIFI and Ethernet Cable)

Please help-me !

I think there is an incompatibility between Windows and the Terramaster system on the interpretation of the authentication protocol. In addition, it is not normal to continue to use version 1 of the SMB protocol, for security reasons. And finally, being a PC administrator is not always possible when using a corporate PC. If I take the competition, we don't have that kind of problem. If my problem is not resolved, I think of returning your material !!!

Regards

'French User'
mpicollet

Re: inadmissible : F4-210 SMB access failed !!!!

Post by mpicollet »

Erratum : Update to version 4.2.X in progress (wait & see)
ARM Version : https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 041414.bz2
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

this looks to be an issue with your computer to be honest not the nas drive

i am using Win 10 20H2 and can access my F2-210 via mapped drives without an issue and by typing into the address bar in windows explorer (via the name or IP)
F2-210

sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

also just to point out that yes i am on the latest 4.2.06 and my mapped network drive is showing as Dialect 3.1.1 by using Get-SmbConnection from powershell

this to me suggests that it is using SMB3

https://www.tgrmn.com/web/kb/item130.htm
F2-210

mpicollet

Post by mpicollet »

Thank you for your reply.

I am assuming that you are an administrator of your PC. Also, why does the Net use command work and Windows Explorer not? Also, despite the update, it doesn't work anymore. Finally, I reset the NAS and restarting it asks me to configure the admin password and enter an email address. But when I click on <Confirm>, nothing happens. The NAS does not perform the rest of the configuration ...

Now the NAS is unusable!

An idea ?

thank you
mpicollet

Post by mpicollet »

Ok I took control of the TOS again. apparently, you have to fill in the fields without discovering the "Password" fields and not use the pre-filling offered by the Web browser ... And there I was able to access the TOS desktop. Something weird again... Next --> So I will try to configure to make SMB sharing work ... But I have doubts. Wait and See !

Additional question, is it possible to reinstall TOS without using the graphic interface (in SSH or other, for example) or from USB boot, internal disks, etc. ?

Thk.
mpicollet

Post by mpicollet »

HELP !

1. SMB service has been enabled. Please check at TOS Control panel – network services – file service- SMB/CIFS service, please uncheck it and click apply then recheck it again and click apply. Please try to map the drive again.

\\<ip NAS>\<Folder> --> KO (I no longer have the possibility to enter an account and a password from the Windows File exporter). Despite a restart of TNAS

Idem with TNAS-PC application :
  • Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found (Folders Manager in TNAS-PC)
    Connection request (from Windows) : Bad user/password (admin account used)

But, without any administrator privileges, the following command : net use \\ip address TNAS\Folder /user:<user> <password> : Ok :cry:

2. No special characters in your TOS login password such as ' ". Please revise your password by clicking “admin” at the top right corner of TOS webpage to remove ' "and try mapping the drive again.

No difference. it doesn't work in both cases

3. “Remember my credentials” has been checked when entering the password, otherwise your mapped drive would be disappeared after rebooting your computer.

Done : No difference

4. You have “Read & Write” full permission to the folder you selected, or you will be prompted as “Configuration failed error code 1202”. You can change the permission at TOS Control panel – Privileges – shared folder.

admin account : R/W on the shared folder
admin group : R/W on the shared folder

5. Please go to Windows "credential manager", delete the current remembered TNAS credential and try again.

Done : No difference

6. If none of the above is working, please SMB access your TNAS by entering \\TNAS IP address into Windows File Explorer, right click a shared folder in your TNAS and select "Map network drive" from the list

None shared folder of my TNAS does not appear into Windows File Explorer

An idea ?
mpicollet

Post by mpicollet »

Hello all,
I understood the problem ...

Here is how to fix it
It's necessary to specify the name of the NAS in the connection Windows "TNAS-XXX\<Username>" (eg. TNAS-XXX according to the name of your NAS). So, you must be an administrator of your PC (Business case) to Install TNAS-PC and authorize the TNAS-PC application in the Windows 10 firewall. With Windows 10, to access the NAS, requires an account and a password. However, if you do not enter an account without specifying the context (domain, NAS netbios name, etc.), the authentication chain fails ! The context expressed as "<TNAS Netbios Name>\<UserNAS>" allows to set correctly in the correct format (Default format with the NET USE command).

So I managed to use the TNAS-PC application to map a drive to a TNAS share and browse all available TNAS Shares in Windows Explorer. But if I restart the PC, I lose the previously mounted drive !! To avoid this, you must save the connection account and the password during the 1st connection “Remember my credentials”.

Conclusion : Fixing the IP address does not resolve the problem. Here we are faced with two competing worlds, Windows and Linux (or similar). They just struggle to understand each other, especially when mapping the network drive when it is necessary to provide an account and password, on the Windows 10 side.

Remark : If you change the name of the NAS, don't forget to make the connections accordingly, on your PC, specifying the new name in the connection string like : "New TNAS Netbios Name\Username" or if you are using an Active Directory domain like : "Domain Name\Username".

Best regards,

Thank for your help !
(Even if I found alone, the solution)

TOS version 4.2.06 / F4-210 Terramaster
OS Version : Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise and Professional (2 PCs)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

mpicollet wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 00:48 Thank for your help !
(Even if I found alone, the solution)

TOS version 4.2.06 / F4-210 Terramaster
OS Version : Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise and Professional (2 PCs)
I am glad to hear you resolved the SMB map drive issue, and thank you very much for your sharing. But I am quite interested in what SMB version was enabled as default in your computer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

im glad you found the solution to your problem, however i still dispute that it is an issue with the nas drive, you seemed to have tried everything from the NAS drive side of things but neglected to consider that it was windows that is the issue, once it makes a bad connection you need to delete it and reboot for it to try it again, this is a windows issue and nothing to do with the nas drive itself

of course you have to specity the authority of the username you are trying (you can easily do this in windows drive mapping) otherwise windows would assume PCNAME\Username so you need to either override it with DOMAIN\Username or NASDRIVE\Username

if your computer is joined to a domain then windows will try domain\Username first

this is standard networking knowledge (you have to do this when mapping a drive to someone elses computer that isnt on a domain network as its their username credentials you need to use not one stored on your computer)

it would be nice for TOS to have Active Directory integration in the business world i know Buffalo does

you do not need to install any applications just type in the correct thing (Unless your GPO has specifically blocked it in which case this is more of a point of your IT Policy not TM??)
F2-210

Return to “File Services”