F2-220: No LAN Light - Red HDD Lights

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
kbotonline

F2-220: No LAN Light - Red HDD Lights

Post by kbotonline »

Hi there,

I cannot access my NAS anymore. One day I noticed a loud hum coming from it, the fan was spinning at full speed, so I force shut it down since it wasn't accessible over the network, and once I started it back up, I couldn't access it anymore. There are no LAN lights and both HDD lights are red whether the disks are in or not.

I came across this link (viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1455) which showed how to create a new boot disk, so I followed that, installed it and nothing has changed, still no LAN, HDD lights are red.

I've had this NAS for maybe 5+ years, never had a problem with it until now.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?
TMnight
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-220: No LAN Light - Red HDD Lights

Post by TMnight »

Is it possible to open the machine to search for devices without a hard drive? If you can't search for the device, it is likely that the U disk boot system is faulty, you can try to replace the boot U disk to recreate or buy a new U disk
kbotonline

Post by kbotonline »

Thanks for the reply, but sorry I didn’t quite understand what you mean when you say open the machine and search for devices. I tried finding the device on my network, both with and without the disks installed but couldn’t find it. I am completely unable to access the NAS. When accessing it failed, I disassembled the NAS, removed the internal USB and replaced it with a new boot disk I created.

For anyone else who might read this, if you don’t have a physical Ubuntu or Centos machine, use virtual box to create the disk as usb passthrough is super easy (once the extension pack is installed and you’ve selected the correct USB setting) compared to WSL/Hyper-V.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kbotonline

Post by kbotonline »

Just tried that and it's still the same unfortunately.