Can't access TNAS TOS after reboot.

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
zachh83

Can't access TNAS TOS after reboot.

Post by zachh83 »

tnas error.JPG
tnas error.JPG (19.89 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
This is what happens when I try to go to my tnas web portal and access the TOS. No idea what is causing it.

My web server is still running on it, and I can access my files on my network.

I restarted the tnas around 1pm due to it being sluggish, and when it came back on, I could not access it any longer. It also erased all of my cron jobs.

additionally, when I readded my new cron jobs, which involve running php scripts, it randomly errors out, as if it can't find the php installation.

No idea whats going on, but I need to get this fixed asap.

I reached out to TM support via skype, but like always, no one replied.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where else to go.
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: Can't access TNAS TOS after reboot.

Post by sianderson »

what version of the operating system are you using?

going slow and being sluggish was a classic sign of the ram being used up and then the unit would eventually die like this due to lack of free ram

i think mine went like this occasionally when i first had it under and old operating system, rebooting and letting it to boot up clean before trying to connect resolved it for me to get in to perform the upgrade
F2-210

zachh83

Post by zachh83 »

I'm not sure what version of TOS its running. I did update it within the last few months, so if nothing new came out, it would be the latest version.

Am I able to get the TOS version from the command line?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try to re-install your TOS with the correct ins package.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
zachh83

Post by zachh83 »

How do I go about that? Can I do it from command line? Will I lose all my data?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Auto download and install TOS system (recommended)
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.

After the TOS reinstallation, to ensure you can see the data in your hard drives, please check the following:

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – select the shared folder and Edit – please check in User permission and Group permission accordingly.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
zachh83

Post by zachh83 »

Ok. I'll give that a go this evening.

Last time I had the TOS fail on me, I lost everything I had. I really hope this doesn't happen again.

I'll get back with you.
zachh83

Post by zachh83 »

Finally getting time to mess with this. Backing up my www directory and then going to go ahead and start on it. I REALLY hope I don't lose my data. Twice in the time that I have owned this is too much.
zachh83

Post by zachh83 »

1. Please ensure the admin user has the R/W permission to the shared folders.
Please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – User – select the user and Edit – Permission

What shared folders? Once the TOS reinstall happens, all of the volumes and shared folders are gone??

2. Please ensure the shared folder’s R/W permission is authorized to the user:
See 1.

3. If you are still unable to see the data, please go to TOS Control Panel – Privileges – Shared Folder – Advanced – Restore to
Again, See 1.

I did what you said step by step, now, I have no volumes with my data on them, only the one drive that the TOS is on is showing up....
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you give some screenshots in return? Did you encounter situation B as the instruction stated? Please take a screenshot of the detailed information of your Storage pool too.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)