Finding F2-210 in Window File Explorer / Mapping

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
David M

Finding F2-210 in Window File Explorer / Mapping

Post by David M »

I'm not new to NAS ( I have used Netgear and have a QNAP ), but I am new to Terramaster.

I got everything installed and initialized just fine. But, the NAS does not appear in Windows Explorer on the tree on the left side like my QNAP NAS. If I select "Network" on the left, the F2-210 does appear on the right side in the "Other Devices" section. I would have expected it to appear in the "Storage" section. Is this normal for this NAS or did I miss a setting ?

I mapped a shared folder as Drive T: which worked fine. Then I had a change of mind and created a new share. I tried to delete the first map that I created so I could map the new shared folder as T: but was unable to do that. How do I remove the first map so I can apply that letter to my second choice ? ( I found this whole process odd as mapping is usually done in Windows, in my experience. )
David M

Re: Finding F2-210 in Window File Explorer / Mapping

Post by David M »

I found the answer to "un-mapping" a drive. That has to be done in Windows - right click on the mapped folder and select "Disconnect". Why you map i n the TM app and Un-map is Windows is a mystery.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Yes, that's true.. If you want to delete a mapped drive, you should "disconnect" it by right click it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
David M

Post by David M »

Why do you not just leave the mapping to be done in Windows rather than in the app ? Both procedures should be done in the same place by the same app. Or at least have the ability to be done in the same place by the same app. The TM logic evades me.