F2-210 Failed to Reboot after Restore

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
bfairfull

F2-210 Failed to Reboot after Restore

Post by bfairfull »

F2-210 was working properly. Had issues with Plex Server. Backed up media using USB Copy successfully. F2-210 was throwing both a RED System Error and an ajax error when trying to access via File Manager from the TOS Desktop.

Once the media was backed up, I navigated to Restore and Backup and selected Restore Factory Setting. The NAS went through the restore procedure on REBOOT threw this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Unable to open database: unable to open database file in /usr/www/tos/lib/class/NasDBLite.class.php:7 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/tos/lib/class/NasDBLite.class.php(7): SQLite3->open('/etc/base/nasdb') #1 /usr/www/include/class/raid.class.php(1083): NasDBLite->__construct() #2 /usr/www/tos/config/config.php(59): raid->_main_disk() #3 /usr/www/tos/index.php(2): include_once('/usr/www/tos/co...') #4 {main} thrown in /usr/www/tos/lib/class/NasDBLite.class.php on line 7

Tried several times to REBOOT. Attempted to boot without hard drive and reinstall TOS. Now the NAS cannot be located on the network, has a steady green light on the Cat 5 connection and is completely unreachable.

This NAS drive is only 5 weeks old.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-210 Failed to Reboot after Restore

Post by TMroy »

What happened to your TNAS after you re-install the TOS? was the re-installation successful? Which version you have re-installed and what was the previous version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bfairfull

Post by bfairfull »

Thank you for your reply.

I did succeed in getting the NAS to communicate on the network. I removed the HDD and then rebooted, after about 5, perhaps 10 minutes I was able to see the network connection sending and receiving by visually observing the network connection on the NAS.

I then re-installed the HDD. TNAS for PC was, then able to locate the TNAS at the assigned IP, as originally configured. I attempted to re-initialize utilizing the original TOS installation, which to my knowledge is this package downloaded from Terra Station TOS_A1.0_Install_ARM4.1_4.1.30_2008031214_2008061204.

This failed. The NAS attempted to restart, but did not. It then dropped off the network entirely. Tried again, removed HDD, rebooted the NAS without the drive, waited for it to acquire the network, access the NAS through TNAS for PC again and now I'm at the same place as I was when I chose to re-initialize the drive with the original TOS.

Now I'm here, from another Forum Post. So far so good. Ready to install a fresh TOS, however, the dialog is warning me: "Data On Hard Drive Will Be Deleted". This can be taken one of two ways, as I'd assume the OS will be deleted prior to re-installation, or it can be taken as the drive will be wiped, which I'd rather not do.

The content is backed up, utilizing USB Copy, however the latest content (which is the bulk of it) was not copied until I started having issues with the NAS, so I'm kind of partial to keeping the original content.

If you can ensure me that the Data To Be Deleted will be the OS, and not the content, I'm happy to give it a go.

Thanks again for your quick response and support.

Method 2: If your TOS system encounters a malfunction and cannot work properly

1. Turn off your TNAS device;
2. Remove all hard drives;
3. Turn on your TNAS;
4. After the network light is on, insert your hard drives;
5. Use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
6. Select the device and click "Login"; Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.

Note: Reinstalling the system will not delete the data on your hard drives. If you have any questions when operating the above steps, please contact us in time.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Reinstall a new TOS will not delete your data, you can go ahead. BUT if you are prompted to create a new storage pool during installation, you need to quit immediately or you will lose your data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

By the way, what is your previous version?
bfairfull

Post by bfairfull »

I'm sure it was the latest version. I only purchased this about 4 - 5 weeks ago, however that would be an assumption, since I couldn't access the NAS, I can't confirm that from the version info in the TOS itself.

Moving ahead with re-install now. Again, thanks for your help. I'll report back shortly on the outcome.
bfairfull

Post by bfairfull »

Ok, I re-installed TOS from download. Again I would assume this to be the latest version???

I was successful in getting the TOS installed without seeing a prompt on the data pool. The NAS restarted and gave me a dialog to create password, that succeeded.

I then logged in. Everything appears intact. I have to re-install the apps I had installed, but no big deal.

I did just order a second NAS drive for the unit, so I can properly configure it as a solid backup solution. I'm very wary to content and data backed up to USB drives, been burned a few times on that. It's why I went in this direction.

I appreciate your help, your quick follow up and your precise instructions, very helpful.

And I'm impressed with this little NAS, it did what it was supposed to do.

Have a great day!
Bill

Return to “System Configuration”